Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

My liver just exploded at the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm off to Montreal in the morning where I have a free bar for the week :D

Free bar for a week sweet mother of jesus id be getting shipped home black bagged and toe tagged if someone gave me that.

Went out and bought the box set of Love/Hate because everyone kept banging on about it and how great it was and it was 25 euro for the three seasons, so far its a meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have to work everyday so won't be going mad, but maybe on the last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Welp today was a total crapfest.
    Firstly, got into town to go to Skin City only to be told that Danny no longer works there.
    Fair enough, I think. Mical's a fab artist so I took a glance at his portfolio and decided to go for his skills instead. Spent about an hour and a half going over placement, colour, shading and overall design only to be told that because the colours I want are so unnatural, it'll take a very long time to get right, meaning this one relatively medium sized tattoo will take 5 hours and cost €350! D:
    I told 'em I'd think about it and I left.
    WAY too expensive.
    Then, after grabbing lunch, a new graphic novel and some smellies from Lush (because I needed retail therapy), I checked my balance in the machine and discovered to my horror that I'm overdrawn by more than €250 from using my damn Laser card over Christmas. Urgh.
    Take this thing away from me! Going to go down to the CU on Tuesday for an emergency loan and hope they take pity. It's my own fault- I'm very impulsive along with being extremely naive about money... Hooo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Arawn wrote: »
    While it's not exactly free booze, people who have owed me money since december finally paid up and now my bank account is a lil over a grand healthier than it was two days ago :)
    Share the wealth!! :p

I think i should get drunk tonight. I deserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

McChubbin wrote: »
    Firstly, got into town to go to Skin City only to be told that Danny no longer works there.
    Fair enough, I think. Mical's a fab artist so I took a glance at his portfolio and decided to go for his skills instead. Spent about an hour and a half going over placement, colour, shading and overall design only to be told that because the colours I want are so unnatural, it'll take a very long time to get right, meaning this one relatively medium sized tattoo will take 5 hours and cost €350! D:
    I told 'em I'd think about it and I left.
    WAY too expensive.
    Then, after grabbing lunch, a new graphic novel and some smellies from Lush (because I needed retail therapy), I checked my balance in the machine and discovered to my horror that I'm overdrawn by more than €250 from using my damn Laser card over Christmas. Urgh.
    Take this thing away from me! Going to go down to the CU on Tuesday for an emergency loan and hope they take pity. It's my own fault- I'm very impulsive along with being extremely naive about money... Hooo...

Danny's gone from Skin City too now? Jesus, that's two gone in a few days. :eek: Have to say though, I don't know what exactly you want done, but 5 hours of work for 350 euro is a REALLY good price. I usually pay 100 an hour in most places.

Good luck with the loan!

I'm annoyed at being put on fúcking medication for vertigo, so I'm eating crappy food and not doing any exercise this weekend. At least I know what's causing the dizziness but I'm píssed off that there's actually something wrong, rather than me just being a twat. :pac:

Got a new top today, though. It's all pretty and sparkly. :)

In fairness 350 aint a bad price colour work does take longer to do than balck and grey and at five hours its still very reasonable price youll find it hard to find one of the top shops in Dublin beat that price they will all be in around the same price margin if not dearer.

Also as they say good work aint cheap and cheap work aint good ;).

I heard eh Dannys ego might have been the cause he wanted to climb the ladder very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I heard eh Dannys ego might have been the cause he wanted to climb the ladder very quickly.

To be fair he's fierce talented. I wonder where he'll end up, I'm toying with a Snow White idea and I figured he'd be the man to go to.

Orim wrote: »
    To be fair he's fierce talented. I wonder where he'll end up, I'm toying with a Snow White idea and I figured he'd be the man to go to.

Ah yeh hes is talented and at 21,22 god knows what he can achieve, and as I said before hes nice bloke aswell so I do think he will do well. Just heard of someone he was getting impatient being the apprentice.

I was considering him for my next piece the Turtles one as I figured it be right up his street so ill be watching to see were he ends up.

Well, I'm looking at Suuva's portfolio right now but I'm in two minds about it. Might leave things until my finances are less tangled..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Share the wealth!! :p

I think i should get drunk tonight. I deserve it.

lol no! screw you!

I'm going to share it with my local barman

Well, I'm looking at Suuva's portfolio right now but I'm in two minds about it. Might leave things until my finances are less tangled..

No point getting into debt over it, tbh. I always just wait til I actually have the money saved and know it won't leave me broke before I get anything done. The waiting sucks, but not being a broke ass bítch is good!

lol no! screw you!

I'm going to share it with my local barman
    Share it with me instead! I'll pay you back in bud and a little bit of vodka....

Share it with me instead! I'll pay you back in bud and a little bit of vodka....

You have a fully stocked bar!! GTFO

You have a fully stocked bar!! GTFO
    Yeah, but it's not mine, it's my folks!

Yeah, but it's not mine, it's my folks!

Yeah....I bet that stopped you as a teenager....

Yeah....I bet that stopped you as a teenager....

I may have gotten myself a key cut on the sly.....

I may have gotten myself a key cut on the sly.....

Jasus and I thought I was good as a teenager fleecing the parents spirit cabinet and filling bottles back up with water, you had a whole bar to play with the possibilities would have been endless :).

My friggin' parents are tee-total so there was never booze in my house when I was a kid. :(

I did however start stealing their smokes at the age of five, not quitting til I was 14, then starting again at 21. :pac: And they let me drink and go to the pub once I hit sixteen, so I had it easy enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

No liquor cabinet in my house either! Robbed a few cans of beer from my Da once nd he bate 7 shades of sh-ite outta me hahaha (not literally :P) I didnt see the outside of the house for weeks tho haha so just stuck to plan B from then on - paying an older lad to buy it hahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Been a busy couple of days, but I'M BACK!! :D

Heading to Carlow at 10am tomorrow morning to get a new tatt. I'm like a kid at Christmas, I doubt I'll sleep tonight! :D

Oh, and I ordered a Borat Mankini online tonight, just for the laugh like. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Heading to Carlow at 10am tomorrow morning to get a new tatt. I'm like a kid at Christmas, I doubt I'll sleep tonight! :D

Oh, and I ordered a Borat Mankini online tonight, just for the laugh like. :cool:

Do you mind me asking what shop in carlow??

gregers85 wrote: »
    No liquor cabinet in my house either! Robbed a few cans of beer from my Da once nd he bate 7 shades of sh-ite outta me hahaha (not literally :P) I didnt see the outside of the house for weeks tho haha so just stuck to plan B from then on - paying an older lad to buy it hahahaha

I never got caught used to make two litre dolly mixtures and get absolutely **** faced, then as i got older used to get older lads to get it for us but on a few occassions the fcukers robber our money the joys of living in Clondalkin :pac:, one night we even managed to ask an off duty Garda :o

Best of luck man you adding Jason to it tomorrow is it?

The mankini the things you do for the other half what.

Do you mind me asking what shop in carlow??

It's a guy named Heretic Tri in Hacketstown. Not quite IN Carlow, but close enough.
    Best of luck man you adding Jason to it tomorrow is it?

Nah, Mike Myers. He reckons it'll be about 4in wide and most of the length of my forearm.
    The mankini the things you do for the other half what.

Yeah, tell me about it! :rolleyes: But she doesn't know yet, so shhhhh! ;):D

It's a guy named Heretic Tri in Hacketstown. Not quite IN Carlow, but close enough.

Nah, Mike Myers. He reckons it'll be about 4in wide and most of the length of my forearm.

Yeah, tell me about it! :rolleyes: But she doesn't know yet, so shhhhh! ;):D
    Neverheard of him, so I won't say anything, what you getting?

Neverheard of him, so I won't say anything, what you getting?

He's done a load of work for me and I'm happy so far. He's doing this....

235016.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I never got caught used to make two litre dolly mixtures and get absolutely **** faced, then as i got older used to get older lads to get it for us but on a few occassions the fcukers robber our money the joys of living in Clondalkin :pac:, one night we even managed to ask an off duty Garda :o
    My Da never drank spirits when he was younger so I guess I was naive and stupid of me to think he wasnt gonna miss a few cans from his pack haha He's celiac now too so the tables have turned nd he cant drink beer anymore nd is a whiskey man haha never managed to ask an off duty Garda but one of my partners in crime at the time who was the biggest Alco nd Druggy on the planet is now a Guard haha :p
    Yu Bugger yu!! I'm booked in for the 5th of Feb (Allstar Limerick) to get my sleeve finished! the wait is killing me haha

That's cool man, I wasn't saying anything against him it's just rare i don't here about tattooists'piercings in carlow/kk area, any link to his work?

My mam is insisting on watching tallaghtfornia...... Im hiding behind a cushion. Sweet baby Jesus.

• Advertisement

Bought a wee bottle of white foundation in Asha today. Might try mixing it with my regular make-up and see what happens. Don't like the little spatula thingy that comes with it, tho. Can anyone recommend any good white/extremely pale foundation that won't break the bank? Currently using Loreal True Match in Ivory Rose but it's still TOO DARK. I'm pretty sallow skinned and I've often been mistaken as looking ill and sickly without make-up. I just want a nice porcelein complexion. :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement