Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Orim wrote: »
    Hero.

I must look into some tickets, maybe I can swing a cork/ waterford trip and visit Joe Myler as well :D

He's such a showman! Plays until he's about to pass out every gig he does!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Most of the concerts I head to are in the Pint down on Eden Quay, before that I had a lot down in Whelans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ray LaMontagne needs to play here again. So I can actually go this time

Ray LaMontagne needs to play here again. So I can actually go this time

I'll take you next time he comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Worst venue for a concert has to be Slane, great on the day once ya dont mind the concert ending at 11 then getting home a 5.30 a.m knackered and with a hangover.

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    I'll take you next time he comes!

I'll come next time you take me....

I'll come next time you take me....

Filth!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Worst venue for a concert has to be Slane, great on the day once ya dont mind the concert ending at 11 then getting home a 5.30 a.m knackered and with a hangover.

I love Slane. I remember coming out Chilis at Slane gasping for food, drink and smokes. I managed to bum a couple of smokes, traded a smoke for two packs of crisps and then traded a pack of crisps for a bottle of water. Best gig ever :D plus QOTSA :D

I love Slane. I remember coming out Chilis at Slane gasping for food, drink and smokes. I managed to bum a couple of smokes, traded a smoke for two packs of crisps and then traded a pack of crisps for a bottle of water. Best gig ever :D plus QOTSA :D

Wasnt at that one :(, would have loving to have been love QOTSA cant wait for there new album. Been to Slane twice once when I was 14 when Verve headlined and I hate to admit it Robbie Williams stole the show that year and he put on one hell of a show, Manic Street Preachers and Travis were good aswell. The Verve were ****. Its a great spot or a concert just **** getting home from it :o.

Filth!

Don't act like you're surprised

• Advertisement

Wasnt at that one :(, would have loving to have been love QOTSA cant wait for there new album. Been to Slane twice once when I was 14 when Verve headlined and I hate to admit it Robbie Williams stole the show that year and he put on one hell of a show, Manic Street Preachers and Travis were good aswell. The Verve were ****. Its a great spot or a concert just **** getting home from it :o.

As good as QOTSA are, they haven't released anything decent in ages.

I'm surprised at your rection to the Verve. I'd love to see them live :S

I'd say Manics were great. Another band I'd love to see.

Jesus typing is becoming difficult :S

I saw them at an Arthurs Day gig a few years back, I only went for Snow Patrol but I have to admit they were pretty damn good!

Also, one of the funniest things that ever happened to me happened at that gig... ahh, memories..

They have a new album coming out in June first one in I think it could be 6 years and I loved the last album.

Ah ive seen them twice once at Oxegen I love the Verve but there just not a great live band there not really performers ones for getting the crowd going and after Manics and cough Robbie Williams who had the crowd rocking it was an anti climax. Manics were brilliant.

Getting the double vision? :p.

Also, one of the funniest things that ever happened to me happened at that gig... ahh, memories..

Sounds interesting :).

I want to see an expansion on this :D

They have a new album coming out in June first one in I think it could be 6 years and I loved the last album.

Seriously? Seems crazy but afaik this will be their first album since Songs for the Deaf with Nick so it will be awesome.
    Ah ive seen them twice once at Oxegen I love the Verve but there just not a great live band there not really performers ones for getting the crowd going and after Manics and cough Robbie Williams who had the crowd rocking it was an anti climax. Manics were brilliant.

Getting the double vision? :p.

I can see how the support bands would make it worse but I reckon the Verve are one of those bands that you'd need to see in a small venue and could never really work in an open venue like Oxegen.

Not quite seeing double but I'm miles away from sober :P

I want to see an expansion on this :D

I went to the gig with a former friend of mine, both of us a bit lethal together with a few drinks, so we were good and giddy after the manic street preachers, and Guiness thought that we'd really enjoy seeing Westlife at the same gig.. Oh how wrong they were.... myself and my friend spent the first few songs pretending to be violently ill... now, we were right up at the barrier next to all the presenters.... one of the guys from Westlife looked over, saw what we were doing and i can only describe the look he gave us as that of pure, unadulterated hatred. It was all he could do not to give us the finger and call us out.

We nearly shat ourselves laughing.

Seriously? Seems crazy but afaik this will be their first album since Songs for the Deaf with Nick so it will be awesome.

I can see how the support bands would make it worse but I reckon the Verve are one of those bands that you'd need to see in a small venue and could never really work in an open venue like Oxegen.

Not quite seeing double but I'm miles away from sober :P

It will b ther first album since Era Vulgaris in 2007 and I loved that album, they havent announced a release date yet but it will be early this year they reckon but havent released a date yet just know they been working on it for a while :).

Yeh im with yeh on that one although most bands are best seen in a small venue really .

Another drink or two should sort ya with nice double vision so get it into ya :p.

Another drink or two should sort ya with nice double vision so get it into ya :p.

Ah here I'm not tha tbad :D

Althoguth right now I'm looking at facebook and I want another tatoo by pawel and a tatoo by roman and boris plus all the other awesome artists that are out ther. Right I'm locked.

\Still watching departed and at this point I really want to see pink fylold live.

Ah here I'm not tha tbad :D

Althoguth right now I'm looking at facebook and I want another tatoo by pawel and a tatoo by roman and boris plus all the other awesome artists that are out ther. Right I'm locked.

\Still watching departed and at this point I really want to see pink fylold live.

I've been getting the same photo updates from Roman and Boris! Damn their talent!

• Advertisement

It's evil how good they are considering how far away they are. I swear to god though before I get my last tat I will get something by boris. He is just absolutlety phenomenal.

I just want a new tattoo! And i really want to see what it's like to tattoo someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I just want a new tattoo! And i really want to see what it's like to tattoo someone!

Get me a sewing needle and some biro ink and I'll give ya a new tattoo. :D

Dinner at 2.20am feels strangely good.

I told you you can tattoo me!

I've been getting the same photo updates from Roman and Boris! Damn their talent!

Stupid facebook i aint getting any of photo updates :mad:, I want more tattoos damn you Remis and you poxy world tour roll on March :cool:, until then hopefully please this week ill be getting a tattoo done in Skin City and im really itching to start my turtle piece have it half planned already stupid lack of money.

I'm very drunk and fúck my job, All I care about is...

I told you you can tattoo me!

I like you too much to inflict such pain on you :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

You two should get a room. Sexual tension like whoa in all yer posts. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I am sooooo drubnk guys, igbe me advande notice on this beers do i can book hotael or else i cannot go cos ya drunk

• Advertisement

If it involves getting more ink on my skin then I'd take any amount of pain. It seems to me that it's the artists that want to do unusual things and at this point and I'm willing to let anyone do anything to me.

Still watching departed and leo de caprip is a fricking fantastic actor. Not to be gay but the beach is a brilliant fillm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement