Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just discovered the Dealz shop on Talbot Street. BUY ALL TEH DISHWASHER TABLETS!!
    Also, I have Burger Bites and Jone's Cream Soda. If I'm not on tomorrow, assume I've died of diabetes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Tis fierce mild out tonight! Out walking the dog, he's annoyed i disturbed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Am gasping for a few beers.... WHY always on a Sunday night though??? ..... No other night of the week is as nice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Well, I got home at around 5am, after a jug of JD and Diet Coke, 10 pints of beer, 3 pints of cider (EWWW), several shots and a few vodkas.

I slept like a baby and my hangover is completely gone.

Also, I got put on medication for vertigo which I started yesterday. So far today, no dizziness or falling over. HELL YES. :D:D:D

Drinking is a major cause of vertigo you know :p

I did a scavenger hunt in the snow today :D and wine and cheese later. Sooooo tired and the week had barely begun. Sick of wearing this damn suit already :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Well, I got home at around 5am, after a jug of JD and Diet Coke, 10 pints of beer, 3 pints of cider (EWWW), several shots and a few vodkas.

I slept like a baby and my hangover is completely gone.

Also, I got put on medication for vertigo which I started yesterday. So far today, no dizziness or falling over. HELL YES. :D:D:D
    Maybe if you stopped being drunk you wouldn't need vertigo tablets :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Cheeky cows. :p

The vertigo actually isn't caused by drinking. The GP knows what's causing it. I was on medication for something for 6 years and I came off it about 5-6 months ago. Apparently it's my body just getting used to being un-medicated. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Cheeky cows. :p

The vertigo actually isn't caused by drinking. The GP knows what's causing it. I was on medication for something for 6 years and I came off it about 5-6 months ago. Apparently it's my body just getting used to being un-medicated. :pac:

Honestly though, it can be a contributing factor!

I had vertigo before myself, because of a problem with my pituitary gland screwing my whole system up.

Honestly though, it can be a contributing factor!

I know, but I don't generally drink that much, just went mad over the past month. The doctor even said I can continue drinking on the tablets! Clearly it's not my apparent alcoholism that's the problem! :pac:

Also, here's me and Jenizzle after she scared the bejaysus out of me by calling my name last night. Only reason I didn't run away was because she called me 'Lynda' so I assumed she was from the internet, as nobody IRL ever calls me Lynda. :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Hahaha we're so serious! Tbh, I didn't even think that Lynda was your name at all, but sher I didn't know what to be calling ye!

jenizzle wrote: »
    Hahaha we're so serious! Tbh, I didn't even think that Lynda was your name at all, but sher I didn't know what to be calling ye!

haha! It's eh, part of my name! I just get most people to call me Lyn, though. :) And I wasn't serious, I was trying not to fall over. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Mylina wrote: »
    Am gasping for a few beers.... WHY always on a Sunday night though??? ..... No other night of the week is as nice.....

Sunday beers are great :) used to love all day Sunday sessions but had to cut them out couldnt hack and it wasnt acceptable anymore to be going into work drunk//hungover :( damn growing up.

On a side note I know a few in here are tech savy, so im buying a new laptop but im loosing all my songs on my old one :( still have them on the ipod(my ipods old no app) though so my question is, is there a way to take the songs on ipod and place them on the new laptop?

Sunday beers are great :) used to love all day Sunday sessions but had to cut them out couldnt hack and it wasnt acceptable anymore to be going into work drunk//hungover :( damn growing up.

On a side note I know a few in here are tech savy, so im buying a new laptop but im loosing all my songs on my old one :( still have them on the ipod(my ipods old no app) though so my question is, is there a way to take the songs on ipod and place them on the new laptop?

You also could ask how to back up files from a computer with a dead screen to an external hard drive. ;) C'mon, I told you what to ask! :pac:

You also could ask how to back up files from a computer with a dead screen to an external hard drive. ;) C'mon, I told you what to ask! :pac:

Its not just a dead screen though I think. But yeh what she said :pac:.

From what you've told me, I don't think the hard drive is dead, though. The fan probably is, however.

I'll do a bit of googling and see what I can do. :)

Just take the hard drive out of the old laptop, get yourself a case for it, use it like a portable hard drive on the new one. Done.

Or buy/borrow a portable one, hook the dead-screen laptop up to a telly or monitor and copy the files off.

Just take the hard drive out of the old laptop, get yourself a case for it, use it like a portable hard drive on the new one. Done.

Or buy/borrow a portable one, hook the dead-screen laptop up to a telly or monitor and copy the files off.

Oh right didnt know you could do that first one ill look into that thanks Damo.

When it comes to computers im pretty clueless really.

Just drank the last of the Jone's soda. I haz a sad. :C

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I miss Jones soda, I loved lots of the flavours but my fav was probably Berry Lemonade.

Is it bad that i have never heard of or tried a Jones soda? :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nah, it's pretty hard to get over here as far as I know. I haven't seen it in any shops in ages.

• Advertisement

Denny M wrote: »
    Nah, it's pretty hard to get over here as far as I know. I haven't seen it in any shops in ages.

Londis on Dame Street and a few other shops in Dublin CC sell them.

@ Marty, they're rank. Literally just coloured, flavoured sugar in liquid form. The apple one has something like 46 grams of sugar in a 250ml bottle. :eek:

Nyeh, I love them anyway, or most of them at least. Don't like Cream Soda or Blue Bubblegum.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Night all.

Hmmm I want to try one of them next time im in town ill visit that shop :).

@Damo would any of these be good for what I need? Just want to make sure.

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v3.cgi?id=8137&type=subcat

Hmmm I want to try one of them next time im in town ill visit that shop :).

@Damo would any of these be good for what I need? Just want to make sure.

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v3.cgi?id=8137&type=subcat

Next time I'm in town I'll grab you one and give it to ya when I see you. Sure that's how you got a tattoo magazine 'cause you're never in town. :p

You can get Jones Soda in Centra in Artane (next to the Lin Kee Chinese takeout) but AFAIK they only stock the blue bubblegum and the cream soda variety. Say what you want about them, I think they're the necter of the gods. I drank a bottle of the bubblegum one over the weekend and after so long without it it was better than sex. :3

On another note: Can anyone recommend any good tattoo magazines to browse? I've got an issue of Skin Shots from last year gathering dust on my desk and I'd like to have a look around for anything that might inspire future pieces.
    Incidently, would it be against the rules of the charter if I created a thread for the funniest/weirdest/worst tattoos? I'm surprised there isn't one already TBH...

McChubbin wrote: »
    You can get Jones Soda in Centra in Artane (next to the Lin Kee Chinese takeout) but AFAIK they only stock the blue bubblegum and the cream soda variety. Say what you want about them, I think they're the necter of the gods. I drank a bottle of the bubblegum one over the weekend and after so long without it it was better than sex. :3

On another note: Can anyone recommend any good tattoo magazines to browse? I've got an issue of Skin Shots from last year gathering dust on my desk and I'd like to have a look around for anything that might inspire future pieces.
    Incidently, would it be against the rules of the charter if I created a thread for the funniest/weirdest/worst tattoos? I'm surprised there isn't one already TBH...

Personally, I hate the stuff. Tastes like diabetes tbh. And nothing beats sex. :p

I don't know any particularly good ones. I don't buy 'em and last time I bought one for Marty McFly, I just got one that looked good, ha.

Don't think a thread like that would be allowed, charter says we shouldn't be doing that, because what if someone comes into the forum and it turns out we've been slagging off their tattoo? It'd be really hurtful.

Personally, I hate the stuff. Tastes like diabetes tbh. And nothing beats sex. :p

I don't know any particularly good ones. I don't buy 'em and last time I bought one for Marty McFly, I just got one that looked good, ha.

Don't think a thread like that would be allowed, charter says we shouldn't be doing that, because what if someone comes into the forum and it turns out we've been slagging off their tattoo? It'd be really hurtful.

Ahh, gotcha. Just wanted to check before hand. :)
    As for the sex thing, what do I know? I've been involentarily celibate for 5 years come October. :pac::(

McChubbin wrote: »
    Ahh, gotcha. Just wanted to check before hand. :)
    As for the sex thing, what do I know? I've been involentarily celibate for 5 years come October. :pac::(

..... I'd kill myself.

Marty either of the 2.5 ones should do it.

Jones sodas are great, but if they beat sex then you've been doing it wrong... :pac:

• Advertisement

..... I'd kill myself.
    Ya wouldn't. I've gone without for years before too. Ya cope. And when it's good, it's worth the wait!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement