Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Used to love this film as a kid too haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I think it's about time for a neverending story marathon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

God I was so happy when I looked at this thread and saw his big face. I'm smitten with nostalgia now.

I think it's about time for a neverending story marathon!

I think I'll have to find it online myself tonight haha

That's my evenings viewing sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Was never a Neverending Story fan tbh.

Gimmie The Dark Crystal over that any day!

the_dark_crystal_poster_by_nybbis-d34pe98.jpg

Cant beat Jim Henson!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I preferred Labyrinth myself. Bowie was class and Jennifer Connolly was only a kid!

labyrinth_movie_image_jennifer_connelly.jpg

Labyrinth-Movie-Poster.jpeg

the_dark_crystal_poster_by_nybbis-d34pe98.jpg
    Looks like Falkor with a crippling meth addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

gregers85 wrote: »
    Cant beat Jim Henson!!

organ failure can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you've not seen The Dark Crystal, it's still well worth a watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If you've not seen The Dark Crystal, it's still well worth a watch!

I never have im curious now might have to look it up.

Love a bit of nostalgia it cant be beaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

ERMAGERD LABYERITH. Takes me back to the first and so far only time I felt tingly in my panties over David Bowie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Quitting smoking seems to be doing me some good.

Started back at bootcamp this evening after 2 or 3 weeks away from it.

Every single person in the place struggled a bit more than usual. Except me. I feckin' flew through it and enjoyed every second. The trainers said it's probably because I quit smoking, I had more energy and was breathing better.

That's made me 100% determined not to go back on them at all. I'd been weakening (especially 'cause my moron sister was trying to get me to smoke last night) but feck that, I have to stay off them now. :D

Also upping my training to double what I'm doing now. The trainers think it'll kill me, since no other person they're training is able to do the amount I'm determined to do, and I'm not exactly super fit. :pac:

Feck it, I'll manage it. :D

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Every single person in the place struggled a bit more than usual. Except me. I feckin' flew through it and enjoyed every second. The trainers said it's probably because I quit smoking, I had more energy and was breathing better.

That's made me 100% determined not to go back on them at all. I'd been weakening (especially 'cause my moron sister was trying to get me to smoke last night) but feck that, I have to stay off them now. :D

Also upping my training to double what I'm doing now. The trainers think it'll kill me, since no other person they're training is able to do the amount I'm determined to do, and I'm not exactly super fit. :pac:

Good on ya!!!! Keep it up!!! :D I'd love to go back training properly, but I can't until I find out what's happening with this ****ty collarbone!! :mad: Back in to Tullamore Hospital on Wednesday for a C.T. scan and I should have a better idea then what's going on.

I did a tiny bit today concentrating on core and legs as it's all I can do for the minute. It was a tough enough 80 minutes as it's been a while since I did anything intense.

Good on ya!!!! Keep it up!!! :D I'd love to go back training properly, but I can't until I find out what's happening with this ****ty collarbone!! :mad: Back in to Tullamore Hospital on Wednesday for a C.T. scan and I should have a better idea then what's going on.

I did a tiny bit today concentrating on core and legs as it's all I can do for the minute. It was a tough enough 80 minutes as it's been a while since I did anything intense.

Cheers, I'll do my best! How long will it take to get the results of the CT scan? Have they done an MRI?

80 minutes is a lot if you haven't been doing much! Just don't push yourself too far, you don't want to end up doing worse damage to yourself.

Cheers, I'll do my best! How long will it take to get the results of the CT scan? Have they done an MRI?

No, no MRI as yet. They've done numerous x-rays and still can't tell for sure if it's healing or not. They think it's not, and it still hurts like f**k most days. They decided on a CT scan and if they can't get any new info out of that, I'm guessing they'll have to go to the next stage.
    80 minutes is a lot if you haven't been doing much! Just don't push yourself too far, you don't want to end up doing worse damage to yourself.

Yeah, but I'm so frustrated!! I used to do up to 2 hours every day and then all of a sudden stop! I'm agitated and feel useless, I just want to lift weights again, I want to get back in the ring....I guess I'm just impatient, but it's just 4 months now and it's getting to me. :(

No, no MRI as yet. They've done numerous x-rays and still can't tell for sure if it's healing or not. They think it's not, and it still hurts like f**k most days. They decided on a CT scan and if they can't get any new info out of that, I'm guessing they'll have to go to the next stage.

Yeah, I get ya. That's what they did when I had a back injury, once the CT scan showed nothing it was on to an MRI. As long as it's more than just soft tissue damage (which I'd imagine it's more than!), it should show up on the CT anyway. :)

Yeah, but I'm so frustrated!! I used to do up to 2 hours every day and then all of a sudden stop! I'm agitated and feel useless, I just want to lift weights again, I want to get back in the ring....I guess I'm just impatient, but it's just 4 months now and it's getting to me. :(

Ah God, I feel so bad for you. :( But remember, if you push too far now, you could stop yourself from getting back into training for a much longer time than if you rest up and take it easy for the moment. I feel your pain, though. It fúcking sucks. :(

Ah God, I feel so bad for you. :( But remember, if you push too far now, you could stop yourself from getting back into training for a much longer time than if you rest up and take it easy for the moment. I feel your pain, though. It fúcking sucks. :(

I know, I know - herself says the same. She's like a mammy scolding a child if I pick up the sledgehammer or weights or stick up the pull-up bar. :o I know the long-term damage I could do, but I still feel I need to do something. I'm afraid of shrinking! :pac:

I know, I know - herself says the same. She's like a mammy scolding a child if I pick up the sledgehammer or weights or stick up the pull-up bar. :o I know the long-term damage I could do, but I still feel I need to do something. I'm afraid of shrinking! :pac:

LISTEN TO YOUR LADY.

• Advertisement

LISTEN TO YOUR LADY.

Pffft. Em....NO! :rolleyes: What does she know? :D

*ducks and runs*

:P

Women are always right. Always. Even when we're wrong we're right.

Women are always right. Always. Even when we're wrong we're right.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. So I've been told many times.

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Even when we're wrong we're right.

1bgw.jpg

We could be here for a while lads.

1bgw.jpg

We could be here for a while lads.

LMFAO!! Love it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looks like Ireland could be loosing another incredibly talented artist :(, Cris Gherman posted on his Facebook he was offered a spot at Last Rites in New York and has said yes :(, hopefully its only a guest spot but doesnt look that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

fair play to ya'

my new year resolution this year was to quit trying to quit smoking, cause most years since i was 19, im off em grand no bother:rolleyes: pub once i hit the pub.......no hope for me:(

Rich11 wrote: »

fair play to ya'

my new year resolution this year was to quit trying to quit smoking, cause most years since i was 19, im off em grand no bother:rolleyes: pub once i hit the pub.......no hope for me:(
    That's how it is for me, giving up during the day is fine, but as soon as i have a few drinks i would tear someones eyes out for a smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

That's how it is for me, giving up during the day is fine, but as soon as i have a few drinks i would tear someones eyes out for a smoke.

:eek::eek:il be stayin away from you at the beers if i go:pac::pac:

i get the exact same way but its in work where i get most annoyed n snappy with people:)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'm the same, love a smoke with a few beverages. Gonna really cut back over January with both the drinking and the smoking - the beers is actually the next session I plan on going to... god help ye's :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement