Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well fingers crossed that it's not that, and is something fairly straight forward!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I should probably stop going to bed at 3am when I have to get up at 8 >_>

I hope things work out for you PKM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Denny M wrote: »
    I should probably stop going to bed at 3am when I have to get up at 8 >_>

Yeah, it might help the whole "getting up" procedure a bit easier! :pac:
    Denny M wrote: »
    I hope things work out for you PKM

Thanks man.

Now ye know where my username came from, shit like this keeps happening to me. :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

Hope everything goes well for you PKM :)

I need to get into a decent sleeping pattern! Jumping from day shifts to night shifts is killing me! Woke up today feeling hungover, without the joy of actually drinking the night before!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, it might help the whole "getting up" procedure a bit easier! :pac:

I just don't like sleep, it's sort of why I went four days without sleeping before. I can function fine on 4 or 5 hours sleep, it's just the actual getting up that takes a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

PKM, are you on a fixed term lease, or was the lease just not renewed after year 1?

If you are on a fixed term lease, he has absolutely NO legal standing, you do not have to move until the day your lease expires.

If you have not renewed your lease, you are a Part 4 tenant, and are entitled to the following notice periods -

3 – 4 years 12 weeks (84 days)
    4 years or more 16 weeks (112 days)

Hope that helps. I can back that all up with links if you need me to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hope everything goes well for you PKM :)

I need to get into a decent sleeping pattern! Jumping from day shifts to night shifts is killing me! Woke up today feeling hungover, without the joy of actually drinking the night before!

I know that feeling well, its basically jet lag without the pleasure of being anywhere nice :(. Do feel like crap for most of the day I get it at least once every two weeks.

PKM hope everything goes okay :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Had to cancel my consultation in Wildkat due to the fact I forgot I had group on the same time of the day. Fortunately, went up to Swords Ink today, looked at a few portfolios and got chatting to my former Postman who is now a tattoo artist himself. He said to forward on the designs and colours I want and he'll get the two resident artists to draw something up. This is the crowd that quoted me €180-200 for the work and they seem like a sound bunch so I'll let ye all know how it goes. :)

Tattoo related rant ahead -

So guys, you all know I like tattoos, right? Tallaght Ink were running a 'best looking' contest in return for a free tattoo. I expressed my disgust at it, because IMO, looks do not = success and never should (yes, I know I joked about posting my tits for it the other night, clearly a joke though!). In return, I was blocked, and their main artist, Marcin, sent me this very professional (ahem) private message, insulting my tattoos - Marcin Ch

Nice one Lyn.
    If You don`t like something it`s cool with me, but i think every person that has a bit of good manners keep it to it self or write to me in person.It`s not a cool thing to be a hater as specially your tattoos are in my opinion are poor or average at most and that`s being nice.

Thanks you so much.

p.s this lizard thing is hilarious

Edit to say - I didn't know Marcin's Facebook page, so couldn't private message him personally as he seems to believe I should have done, and Marty can vouch that I wasn't even rude, I just stated fact. :pac:

It's a ridiculous competition in the first place, now they're taking flak for closing it earlier than they said they would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Jasus, it's a public facebook for a company, you gotta take the good with bad.

That really puts me off them, which is disappointing as Danny would be a consideration and Marcin seemed bang on when I met him.

Orim wrote: »

That really puts me off them, which is disappointing as Danny would be a consideration and Marcin seemed bang on when I met him.

Yeah, I mean I don't hate their work. I pointed out the horrible attitude a contest like that shows.

But eh, slagging off my tattoos (which is basically slagging off another artist's work) is so unprofessional. They could have responded in a professional manner. Oh well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

F*cking hell, what a tit! No need for that at all

It's a ridiculous competition in the first place, now they're taking flak for closing it earlier than they said they would.

Yeh they had to close it due to the amount of bad publicity they were getting from it and rightly so. They really have done themselves no favour with a lot of people with the whole debacle they were deleting comments left right and centre instead of giving a well thought out response.

Same here man I met Marcin and he was bang on but after the mail he sent Lyn I sent him a well thought out but strongly worded message im waiting to see if he replys, I can safely say after that competition and Marcins message I will most certainly never be using them but like you its dissappointing.

Same here man I met Marcin and he was bang on but after the mail he sent Lyn I sent him a well thought out but strongly worded message im waiting to see if he replys, I can safely say after that competition and Marcins message I will most certainly never be using them but like you its dissappointing.

Ya li'l sweetheart, protecting me. :o:p

Well, they've lost a customer. One of my friends texted me saying he's not showing up to his appointment with them next week. :pac:

It's kind of funny how the simple act of not being polite can cost some people.

I think what this situation is a good old fashioned riot. I believe we're all free on the 9th? :pac:

They'll also potentially lose a lot more over this ridiculous 'promotion' (Which was basically, "We want to tattoo someone hot") and over how they dealt with it. I know I certainly won't be recommending the place to anyone with attitudes like that.

Lads, apologies. The message Marcin sent me wasn't just because of my comment about their contest. I forgot I also said something negative about a pic posted. Someone said it was like Buena Vista's work but I said it wasn't quite as good. Still not totally rude though! :pac:

• Advertisement

Can we still riot?

Can we still riot?

Considering I still wasn't rude, just giving an opinion, yes, yes we can.

I'll provide pitchforks and vodka. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Considering I still wasn't rude, just giving an opinion, yes, yes we can.

I'll provide pitchforks and vodka. :D

wait till sat im visitin my mate in Tallaght!! ill join in haha

What use is vodka to me? :(

Damo, I'll make you alcohol-free strawberry daiquiris and chocolate cake. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Even if you don't drink you can still do eye shots :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

what would a riot be without chocolate cake :p

Sterlising wounds. You can be our medic.

Once I have a weapon in hand, I can't promise it will end well for anyone involved.

Ya li'l sweetheart, protecting me. :o:p

:o no problem :), there only a few things that really grate me they are bad manners, unprofessionalism and braindead immature competitions like that and between Marcin and Tallaght Ink they ticked all the boxes im just waiting to see now if he will man up and reply to me.

I kept it strongly worded but wasnt a flurry of insults or bad language.

• Advertisement

anisnoopydancing.gif
    Even if you don't drink you can still do eye shots :pac:

I don't drink because I can't, I'm allergic to alcohol.

Bad phrasing... it's more like "Alcohol intolerant", which I seemed to develop after being treated for a pretty serious illness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement