Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

:o no problem :), there only a few things that really grate me they are bad manners, unprofessionalism and braindead immature competitions like that and between Marcin and Tallaght Ink they ticked all the boxes im just waiting to see now if he will man up and reply to me.

I kept it strongly worded but wasnt a flurry of insults or bad language.

I can confirm that it wasn't rude in the slightest, because I read it. :pac:

Surely logic would have dictated that even if someone was a rude git to them (I wasn't, this is hypothetical), they be polite in their responses? It would have made them look better, and the rude person look even worse.

But no, instead they block me and then resort to sending me a message slagging off my tatts from another account. Really professional. :pac:

Funny the amount of people are messaging me saying negative things about them. Guess I'm not the only one they've rubbed up the wrong way. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ok Marcin just replied at least he had the humility to admit the message he sent to Lyn was childish and wrong, heres the message i sent

You just messaged my friend Lyn slagging her tattoos seriously man ive met you and I expected better from you, but after reading that message you actually belong in Tallaght Ink with Leigh as you are no better than him or Dublin Ink and anyone with knowledge on tattoos in Ireland will refuse to use them. She like me was angry and many others I know with the severely immature competition being run were you work beautiful people competition you should as an artist be ashamed to be associated with that that kind of thing it belittles tattoos and the industry add in the fact people have been blocked and comments deleted further damages the studios image a well thought out mature answer would have been the best idea but I guess thats to much to ask a sham of a studio. She posted a comment on your photo so you resort to childishness and petty remarks? Okay I will say your work is decent but are you really trying to claim its as good as the work that comes out of Buena Vista Club? Or even Joe Mylers, Remis Cizauskas, Chris Cooks here in Ireland? Because its not maybe before passing comments on other peoples tattoos you should focus your attention on improving your own skills and acting like a man not a child.

This was his response.

Cool Stephen . I actually agree with You it was childish form me to write this massage to Lyn. I was angry at myself the moment i post it Mate. I will send her another one in a sec saying sorry. But mate any body can have a bad day , this is a bad day for me today and Lyn didn`t helped . i should be happy for any type of critique and I`m as long it`s serious and not only there to put me down in what I`m doing.I know How good those artist are and I don`t think even for a sec I`m better then them and I never say a wrod like that.
    If You don like something tuff luck but no need for being like that .
    Regards
    Marcin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Interview went well today.... I think. Now we play the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Bit hypocritical of Marcin to say that if you've nothing nice to say it's best to keep to yourself, and then turn around and personally attack your tattoos!! Highly unprofessional.

Afraid I'll have to take back what I said in another thread that Danny could be the making of Tallaght Ink. Sounds like an envoirment with massive management issues and an unprofessional approach to the industry.

In fairness to Marcin, it's a brave thing to do to step up and apologise.

Credit where it's due. :)

• Advertisement

What use is vodka to me? :(

Could always use as a weapon. A small bit of cloth and a lighter et VOILA!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Could always use as a weapon. A small bit of cloth and a lighter et VOILA!! :)

Are you the voices in my head again?
    burn them burn them burn them all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Interview went well today.... I think. Now we play the waiting game.

Im sure we will all keep our fingers crossed for ya.

If they don't hire ya, we can include them on our riot target list. ;)

Thanks Marty!

What's all this about tallaght ink? What i miss? Would you all be opposed to voting for me in that stupid competition so? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They closed the competition early and decided a winner at the time. There's lots of people pissed off about it.

Thanks Marty!

What's all this about tallaght ink? What i miss? Would you all be opposed to voting for me in that stupid competition so? :p

Marcin from Tallaght Ink sent me a private message slagging off my tattoos (I posted it a page or two back) after I gave criticism on something on their page. Marty got pissed off and defended me (d'awww!) and Marcin eventually apologised.

They closed down the comp and announced the winner already, because there was backlash over it.

I would have voted for you but they blocked me and Marty before messaging me from another account, because they couldn't handle criticism. :pac:

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    In fairness to Marcin, it's a brave thing to do to step up and apologise.

Credit where it's due. :)

Posted before I seen Marty's ;)
    This was his response.

Cool Stephen . I actually agree with You it was childish form me to write this massage to Lyn. I was angry at myself the moment i post it Mate. I will send her another one in a sec saying sorry. But mate any body can have a bad day , this is a bad day for me today and Lyn didn`t helped . i should be happy for any type of critique and I`m as long it`s serious and not only there to put me down in what I`m doing.I know How good those artist are and I don`t think even for a sec I`m better then them and I never say a wrod like that.
    If You don like something tuff luck but no need for being like that .
    Regards
    Marcin

It was shaping up to be an apology until this point in my eyes. Who cares if you have a bad day, you don't ever respond with personal feelings when representing a buisness and make personal attacks on an individuals tattoos - no less someone with the possibility of becoming a client. I'm picking now so I'll stop ;)

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Posted before I seen Marty's ;)

It was shaping up to be an apology until this point in my eyes. Who cares if you have a bad day, you don't ever respond with personal feelings when representing a buisness and make personal attacks on an individuals tattoos - no less someone with the possibility of becoming a client. I'm picking now so I'll stop ;)

Yeah, I was talking to Marty about that. It would have been a really nice apology if the bitching at the end had been left out. :pac:

But in fairness, I get defensive if I'm apologising too because I hate saying sorry. :pac: At least he did it, that's the main thing. :)

But lads, with all this Tallaght Ink drama, I only have one more thing to state -

I'm a bleedin' ride with or without tattoos, and my tatts just add to how sexy I am.

:pac: I fúcking wish!

Wow, there's how to run a business!

Wow, there's how to run a business!

Ask them for a job! :p

Are you the voices in my head again?
    [COLOR="White"]burn them burn them burn them all[/COLOR]

The voices always make you have a better time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Yeah, I was talking to Marty about that. It would have been a really nice apology if the bitching at the end had been left out. :pac:

But in fairness, I get defensive if I'm apologising too because I hate saying sorry. :pac: At least he did it, that's the main thing. :)

so we're not storming the walls anymore :( haha :p

gregers85 wrote: »
    so we're not storming the walls anymore :( haha :p

Pft, yes we are! A little apology can't be getting in the way of a good riot!

• Advertisement

Ask them for a job! :p
    Nah, i know too many people that work there! And tbh..... Just no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Tallaght Ink were running a 'best looking' contest in return for a free tattoo. I expressed my disgust at it, because IMO, looks do not = success and never should

Fair play! I was disgusted when I seen that idea. Like WTF do looks have to do with anything????? I hate narrow minded, shallow people. Good on ya.
    Nice one Lyn.
    If You don`t like something it`s cool with me, but i think every person that has a bit of good manners keep it to it self or write to me in person.It`s not a cool thing to be a hater as specially your tattoos are in my opinion are poor or average at most and that`s being nice.

Thanks you so much.

p.s this lizard thing is hilarious

I'm sorry, but what an arsehole!!! :mad: Such a thing to say!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Glad I'm not from Tallaght. I'd have bitten their heads off. Shameful business practice. >:-(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Well, they've lost a customer. One of my friends texted me saying he's not showing up to his appointment with them next week. :pac:

One customer??

This being probably the biggest tattoo forum in Ireland I`d say its probably a lot more than one customer.

Its a bad show from a professional studio.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    One customer??

This being probably the biggest tattoo forum in Ireland I`d say its probably a lot more than one customer.

Its a bad show from a professional studio.

Oh yeah, I just mean one for definite that I know is not going to their appointment.

I don't want them losing business, honestly I don't. I know it seems that way because I posted the message I was sent.

But, I guess if you're going to be so unprofessional, that's a risk you take.

I just find it deplorable that they'd slag off other artists' work. Call me a fat bitch or ugly or deformed or something, but don't attack an innocent artist's work just because it happens to be on my body.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Oh yeah, I just mean one for definite that I know is not going to their appointment.

I don't want them losing business, honestly I don't. I know it seems that way because I posted the message I was sent.

But, I guess if you're going to be so unprofessional, that's a risk you take.

I just find it deplorable that they'd slag off other artists' work. Call me a fat bitch or ugly or deformed or something, but don't attack an innocent artist's work just because it happens to be on my body.

Lynda--I didnt mean it like that--In the current climate Id hate to see anyone loosing customers but they arent doing themselves any favours.

I meant that the sheer amount of people that end up in this forum from a google search whether registered members or not is huge.The fact that this company has slagged off another artists work wont do them any good it being aired in this forum.

Even in my small amount of time training the one thing that was drummed into me was that you dont slag off another artists work whether you think its crap or even if it is crap. Its highly unprofessional whether the work is crap or not.

All you can do is aim to be better than the artist whos work you think is crap.

Lynda--I didnt mean it like that--In the current climate Id hate to see anyone loosing customers but they arent doing themselves any favours.

I meant that the sheer amount of people that end up in this forum from a google search whether registered members or not is huge.The fact that this company has slagged off another artists work wont do them any good it being aired in this forum.

Even in my small amount of time training the one thing that was drummed into me was that you dont slag off another artists work whether you think its crap or even if it is crap. Its highly unprofessional whether the work is crap or not.

All you can do is aim to be better than the artist whos work you think is crap.

Oh sorry, I wasn't implying that you thought I was trying to lose them custom! :pac: Bit of mis-communication there, whoops!

Yeah, see that's the thing that annoyed me. I wouldn't have cared if he wanted to slag me off personally. It'd be childish, but eh, I've probably heard a lot worse back when I was obese and ugly. :pac:

But slagging another artist's work? That's bang out of order. I have one tattoo that's not very well done (although the flaws are so small that you can't see them unless I point them out), but when the last person who tattooed me asked to see my tatts, she didn't insult it, she just said nothing about it and complimented my other ones. That's much more professional.

I have one tattoo that's not very well done (although the flaws are so small that you can't see them unless I point them out),

Here-I have legs covered in tattoos that are "not very well done"-actually they are crap but theyre mine and some of my first attempts.

but when the last person who tattooed me asked to see my tatts, she didn't insult it, she just said nothing about it and complimented my other ones. That's much more professional.

Likewise.Some artists have even went out of their way in giving me advice on how to "fix" some of them.Rather than call them crap they actually offered me advice.

Here-I have legs covered in tattoos that are "not very well done"-actually they are crap but theyre mine and some of my first attempts.

Likewise.Some artists have even went out of their way in giving me advice on how to "fix" some of them.Rather than call them crap they actually offered me advice.

If I ever learned enough to tattoo myself, I'd never stop liking them, no matter how badly done they were. :) My smallest one is flawed, but I don't honestly care because you can barely notice it, it was my first tattoo and it's also the most meaningful of all of my tattoos and I've not regretted it for a second in the 4 years since I got it. :)

Yeah, one of the lads in Zulu offered me advice on fixing mine when they were doing other work for me. So much better than being an insulting git. :) Marcin was insulting my well done tattoos, though, because there's no pic of my first tattoo on my Facebook. :pac:

• Advertisement

Imagine being a new studio, with relatively unknown artists, and being a complete tool to potential customers. The shop is about a 15 minute walk from my house, could have easily become a regular haunt of mine. Not anymore! Absolute whack of elitism off tho place.

In other news, i got back on the road tonight for the first time in months, i actually wasn't as rusty as i thought id be! Vroom Vroom!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement