Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Which pub? I'm pretty sure I've been in there when I was living in Limerick. :pac: That said, I was in every feckin' bar in Limerick when I lived there. :pac:

Nancy Blakes but of course haha :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

gregers85 wrote: »
    Nancy Blakes but of course haha :p

I'm not gonna lie and say I fully remember it, but it rings a very hazy bell. :o

Wicked Chicken and Dolans were regular haunts for me. Oh, the shame. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

But banana bread beer does sound interesting and strangely nice.

It's really tasty! Have a look for it in the craft beer section. Well's Banana Bread Beer is it's full title!

I'm not gonna lie and say I fully remember it, but it rings a very hazy bell. :o

Wicked Chicken and Dolans were regular haunts for me. Oh, the shame. :o

Wicked chicken is no more I'm afraid!! Think it back open again under a different name, not sure! Dolans isnt a bad spot for gigs to be fair!!

Wicked chicken is no more I'm afraid!! Think it back open again under a different name, not sure! Dolans isnt a bad spot for gigs to be fair!!

Yeah, I heard that and Trinity Rooms is gone too. I hated T-Rooms though. :pac:

Yeah Dolan's is quite good for gigs, saw a few there. :) I also used to haunt a place in Bruff (I think it was Bruff, either that or Hospital!) called Scobies. :pac:

• Advertisement

Trooms is the only place I've been out to in Limerick. Can't say I remember much of it. I remember arriving and the smoking area. The rest is a blur :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

Trooms is now The Orchard, pretty nice place!

Edit: Where was Wicked Chicken?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yeah Dolan's is quite good for gigs, saw a few there. :) I also used to haunt a place in Bruff (I think it was Bruff, either that or Hospital!) called Scobies. :pac:

Im not too familiar with Limerick but do remember being in wicked chicken and Trinity Rooms which I was no fan of considering eh they cost me a four hundred euro maybe pounds fine must root out my receipt :pac:.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Trooms is the only place I've been out to in Limerick. Can't say I remember much of it. I remember arriving and the smoking area. The rest is a blur :p

yip trinity is back open! but just the front and outside bar actually not a bad spot at the moment! usually good live music in there

Im not too familiar with Limerick but do remember being in wicked chicken and Trinity Rooms which I was no fan of considering eh they cost me a four hundred euro maybe pounds fine must root out my receipt :pac:.

jaysus what did yu get that bang for??? haha

• Advertisement

I heard about your other fines, but not this one, I don't think! Spill. ;)

jaysus what did yu get that bang for??? haha

Ah it was a silly one really, was in Trinity Rooms and one the bouncers took a disliking to one of my friends and decided he was throwing him out, I tried to reason saying he had done nothing and he decided right your out to, kicked us out some side door me being drunk and frustrated kicked what I thought was a wooden door nope foot went straight through a bottom panel which was a plain of glass oops withing second had about 7 bouncers around me, Gards came gave me the option of a cell and court date or on the spot fine, got put in the back of the squad car taken to a bank link while I had a Gard stand either side of me as I withdrew the money :pac: then drove back to trinity rooms and given a written receipt signed by the Gards and sent on my way one expensive night :pac:,

Ah it was a silly one really, was in Trinity Rooms and one the bouncers took a disliking to one of my friends and decided he was throwing him out, I tried to reason saying he had done nothing and he decided right your out to, kicked us out some side door me being drunk and frustrated kicked what I thought was a wooden door nope foot went straight through a bottom panel which was a plain of glass oops withing second had about 7 bouncers around me, Gards came gave me the option of a cell and court date or on the spot fine, got put in the back of the squad car taken to a bank link while I had a Gard stand either side of me as I withdrew the money :pac: then drove back to trinity rooms and given a written receipt signed by the Gards and sent on my way one expensive night :pac:,

Oh yeah, you DID tell me that one. oops. :pac:

haha mad yoke yu!!! I know the side door well! was tossed out it a few time myself :P often with a few bouncers throwing a few boxes on the way lol :p fcukers

Oh yeah, you DID tell me that one. oops. :pac:

:pac: jesus woman way to make it sound like ive had tons of fines there only been a small few.

I have never been kicked out of Trooms because I am a model of decorum.

Lol jk, I was thrown out of there more times than I can count. :pac:

:pac: jesus woman way to make it sound like ive had tons of fines there only been a small few.

I'm really not doing myself any favours tonight. I should just stop texting, and stay away from boards when I'm sleepy. :o

Jaysus, didn't know I was surrounded by criminals in this thread! :P

Jaysus, didn't know I was surrounded by criminals in this thread! :P

Don't worry, I've done worse. ;) Marty's tame. :pac:

Don't worry, I've done worse. ;) Marty's tame. :pac:

Apparently one night I outran two guards. I'd be proud of myself if I could remember it happening

• Advertisement

Apparently one night I outran two guards. I'd be proud of myself if I could remember it happening

If I had been old enough to take criminal liability/responsibility at the time, I could have been prosecuted for assault/ABH.

Some fúcker called me fat when I was 4. So I broke his hand in 3 places by smashing a brick on it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Damo, didn't know that! I haven't done any acting in nearly 4 years, so I'll have a look into that, 'cause 4 years away from it means I most likely need to brush up! :)

Well we're a friendly bunch, and not one of those pretentious/stuck up/self important ones, so if ya wanna know more, drop me a PM.

Oh Jesus. My mother just got a copy of her birth cert...

She was born on a completely different date to what she thought! She's been celebrating her birthday on the wrong day for 49 years. :pac:

Now thats impressive, I once got myself arrested for arguing with Gards on the merits of them arresting my friend for urinating in public and well in the end they let him go and arrested me for drunk and dissorderly because I wouldnt shut up and when I got my phone back the next morning had a text thanking me for getting him off.

Damo, you seem like the man to ask. Is there much of an improv scene in Dublin?

Now thats impressive, I once got myself arrested for arguing with Gards on the merits of them arresting my friend for urinating in public and well in the end they let him go and arrested me for drunk and dissorderly because I wouldnt shut up and when I got my phone back the next morning had a text thanking me for getting him off.

Luckily I've never been arrested myself. I'm an upstanding citizen :D Or maybe I'm just too good on my feet for the guards in Tralee :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Damo, you seem like the man to ask. Is there much of an improv scene in Dublin?

Yeah, there's a good bit! I dunno how easy it is to get in with the groups though. I've done a bit of it myself too! Quite enjoy it! The people I did it with moved on to doing more long-form improv, and I prefer short-form, so I didn't keep at it. :(

There's a video of me in a game of "switch", where every time "switch" is said, we've to change whatever we've just done or said...

(The title is a typo obviously, but at least it wasn't me that put it up! :pac:)

[edit] Also forgive our own laughter, tough to keep the face straight sometimes!!!

Yeah, there's a good bit! I dunno how easy it is to get in with the groups though. I've done a bit of it myself too! Quite enjoy it! The people I did it with moved on to doing more long-form improv, and I prefer short-form, so I didn't keep at it. :(

There's a video of me in a game of "switch", where every time "switch" is said, we've to change whatever we've just done or said...

(The title is a typo obviously, but at least it wasn't me that put it up! :pac:)

It would be more short-form that I would be after myself. I don't like the whole 'building character' etc. that comes with the long form. Short-form focuses more on the funny imo.

I'd like to dabble in a bit of it myself before I move home to Toronto, (where I plan to take classes with Second City) but would fancy getting my feet wet here before I leave.

I'm on the phone now, but I'll check the video once I get to a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

If I had been old enough to take criminal liability/responsibility at the time, I could have been prosecuted for assault/ABH.

Some fúcker called me fat when I was 4. So I broke his hand in 3 places by smashing a brick on it. :o

U were a very aggresive 4 year old :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

Oh Jesus. My mother just got a copy of her birth cert...

She was born on a completely different date to what she thought! She's been celebrating her birthday on the wrong day for 49 years. :pac:

how de fúck does someone manage that for sooooo long:O

Must check mine wen i get home just to be sure:-P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement