Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Campervan Insurance cover your Awning...

• 21-08-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭

As above folks ive had a little accident with my Awning with the result that it is now Caput,,,i never thought of it but a fellow campervan owner was saying to me today that he claimed for a new awning through his insurance last year and he just paid the excess which was a 100euro and there was no bother its covered,now he hasnt had his renewal for this year yet so he dosnt know if the claim will effect his premium.. but he thinks he asked Dolmen at the time and they said once he paid the excess that would be it......
    What kind of money is a new 12ft Awning supplied and fitted does anyone know by the way,,,,,thanks all...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

[Shameless plug]Worst coming to the worst, I have an awning and sidewall for sale on Adverts.ie under the username PaintDoctor

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

With Dolmen as far as I know the awning is covered,check the policy but i know my policy covers mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

dorts wrote: »
    With Dolmen as far as I know the awning is covered,check the policy but i know my policy covers mine.

Yea im away at the minute and havnt got my policy with me,but if yours does im probably the same,thanks,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Yes Dolmen definetly do cover awnings, to a max of 750 or something like that. We lost ours over the roof of the van in Westport the year before last, and just took some pictures at the time but were never asked to produce them. We bought a new one for less than the max anyway.
    ONe thing when we were buying it we allowed ourselves be talked into buying a safari room (awning room) at an extra cost of 850 I think(obviously not on the insurance) , anyway we have used it approx 5 times in 2 years so I would think carefully before you would buy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Yes, under the Dolmen policy the awning is covered under 'accidental damage', including the cost of fitting and it doesn't effect the cost of renewal the following year.
    I know this for a fact :o:o:o.

• Advertisement

Yea had a look at my policy and its covered upto a max of 2500 euro,with excess of 100euro,so happy days...Does anyone know what kind of money a new 12ft awning is,,,,and can you get it supplied and fitted where you like when you go through the Insurance or does it have to be one of there authorised dealers that they tell you to go to...

I like to give the work to AdianMM if i have the choice,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I'd be happy to supply and fit an awning for you , and no problem at all with Dolmen .

OK ill be in touch dureing the off season and will arrange to get it to you,i can struggle on with it the way it is for now,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

elaverty wrote: »

I like to give the work to AdianMM if i have the choice,,,

and I'll eat my expensive Tilley hat if you are not happy with the work :D

Advertisement