Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QUICK!!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Also, is it real? :confused:

Looks very real and genuine to me.

However, to my limited understanding (and I may well be wrong) this looks like a Komandirskie and not an Amphibia.

Difference would be chromed brass case instead of stainless steel and water resistance of 20-30 m instead of 200 m.

Movement is the same 31 jewel automatic in both.

Very nice looking watch and the back really is nice and different. (The bottom of the inscription says automatic or rather automatic winder ...the top I have no idea)

Luckily (for you) it's not the most recent model because these have really hideous bezels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Oh, forgot to mention that. It is infact a Kommandirskie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I don't know if its either tbh.....

I know there was komandirskie amphibias produced just to confuse us in telling the two apart :o

How about the water gasket or the crown? Surely the crown would be far thicker on the amphibias for the 200m water resistance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Got a message from the guy who owns the watch, turns out he has his watch on a Timex Expidition also! =P
    Sorry so long in responding. I've been away from WUS for a while.

This watch is a Soviet-era Vostok Amphibia. It uses a 2409 movement, which in my opinion is the best of the Vostok movements, basically a 2414 without the date feature. I believe it was produced in the mid-1980s, although I have heard some people give dates as early as 1979 and others as late as 1989. I purchased it off eBay as NOS from a seller in Thailand using the name "thaigoodwill". He had a lot of these, and sold them one after another for over a year, but i haven't seen any in a while. But I haven't checked in a while, either.

It is an excellent watch, well worth the $50 I paid for it, and one of my favorites. The lume dots are long done for, but the watch itself is very attractive and accurate, not to mention tough as nails. I added a Timex Expedition strap which matches it well.

Advertisement