Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar lessons for a six year old

• 21-08-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend someplace in Limerick where a six year old could start learning guitar?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I've been interested in getting lessons myself but have found prices to be too expensive.

Then I discovered http://www.justinguitar.com/ which is a brilliant video tutorial website from beginner to expert. Lessons are free and if you want you can also order books and DVD's for further tuition.

Well worth looking into, as opposed to getting expensive lessons for something that he may get bored with after a few weeks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There are some lessons that a video won't teach you though, such as correct wrist shape and finger positioning. You won't get the same encouragement from a video as you would from a good instructor either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Actually Justin on that site is very insistent on that type of thing, with plenty of instruction on correct wrist shape and finger positioning. He even organising skype tutorials so you can ask him questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pearson

Any one know of any guitar teacher to teach 7 year olds in the Caherdavin side of town

Advertisement