Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Scholarship/JP McManus Scholarship

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Anyone know when they actually start paying out the scholarship? Is it before or after the Awards ceremony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Anyone know when they actually start paying out the scholarship? Is it before or after the Awards ceremony?

I was 99% sure I'd get it because of my results and I definitely qualify. I got in contact and it seems there was a mess up with my address, stating I live in a different county than I actually do so she said my letter will come out mid October after the rechecks! :D
    It seems they hold some scholarships aside for recheck results and silly mistakes like the one that was made with me. So it will definitely be after mid october and probably after the awards.
    I'm just seriously hoping and praying for this magical letter to arrive mid October! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭is maith liom chocolate

a friend of mine got it, she got around 560 I think

Yesssssss got the formal offer letter! :D So happy!
    Can't seem to log into the web page though?
    Anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Healy92

I got the formal offer letter on Friday,you cant log into the the website until you have accepted the offer,There is a closing date to have a photo in on Monday and i dunno how you are meant to send it to them before Monday,Im a bit apprehensive about this scholarship-there must be some catch,seems too good to be true,will i lose the Government grant?Apparently we have to write some biography to be used at the award ceremony-whats that about.

• Advertisement

Healy92 wrote: »
    I got the formal offer letter on Friday,you cant log into the the website until you have accepted the offer,There is a closing date to have a photo in on Monday and i dunno how you are meant to send it to them before Monday,Im a bit apprehensive about this scholarship-there must be some catch,seems too good to be true,will i lose the Government grant?Apparently we have to write some biography to be used at the award ceremony-whats that about.
    I could login right after I got the formal offer letter.

The closing date for entering any details on the website was the 10th October, where are you getting monday from? If you manage to login all you have to do is upload a photo of yourself using the form.

There's no "catch" to the scholarship. You're allowed to get it and the maintenance grant at the same time.

As for the biography that'll probably just be used to compile a "Winner's profiles" book or something that they'll hand out to everyone at the ceremony.

I'm trying to fill out the biography thing now and it feels so wierd talking about yourself in the third person!

"Mary is from Co.Clare and has two brothers" .. wtf!

Is everyone else following the examples yeah? It looks so stupid! :cool:

I'm after getting an email saying I have to dress as if I were going for an interview "i.e smart trousers or skirt and blouse" . eww. what is everyone else wearing??

A tux :p

Nah really, just a suit, shirt and tie.

A tux :p

Nah really, just a suit, shirt and tie.

Good man :P How about the girlies? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Marthaa

Good man :P How about the girlies? :)

I have a dress from awear that my sister had for an interview...wearing it with black tights and heels but i feel so so overdressed and formal :/

Marthaa wrote: »
    I have a dress from awear that my sister had for an interview...wearing it with black tights and heels but i feel so so overdressed and formal :/

No that sounds nice! I got a black dress in bershka today and am going to wear it with tights and heels too. I think it's a pretty formal affair so I'd say we'll all be the same. Did anyone get any info as to where we're meeting, where we go and at what time etc?!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Marthaa

No that sounds nice! I got a black dress in bershka today and am going to wear it with tights and heels too. I think it's a pretty formal affair so I'd say we'll all be the same. Did anyone get any info as to where we're meeting, where we go and at what time etc?!

I got an email a few days ago that said that we have to be there to register before 10am in the Foundation Building in UL (I have no idea :/). that was it really!

Advertisement