Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers

• 21-08-2011 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hey just wondering does anyone know like if i got my 1st offer in the cao could i ever go on to get my 2nd or is that not possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

marwin123 wrote: »
    hey just wondering does anyone know like if i got my 1st offer in the cao could i ever go on to get my 2nd or is that not possible?

Nope, never ever ever!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Not possible...

Where's Randy to lock this/ point to the first post in the ***&%£$ CAO &^£*** thread?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 123ame

Not a chance in hell!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If you get your first, that's that. You can only accept it. If you reject it, you won't get offered anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

dambarude wrote: »
    Not possible...

Where's Randy to lock this/ point to the first post in the ***&%£$ CAO &^£*** thread?:p
    About now ...

OP, purleassssse read the first post in the CAO sticky at the top of the forum CAREFULLY!

You can never be offered a course LOWER down your choices in a second or subsequent round, only HIGHER up your list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 marwin123

okay so say if i rejected it and like after all the offers there was vacancies could i take one of them even though i was offered my no1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

marwin123 wrote: »
    okay so say if i rejected it and like after all the offers there was vacancies could i take one of them even though i was offered my no1?
    Yes, you can substitute in a vacancy into your CAO ahead of your previously chosen courses ... the vacancies list will reopen on Tuesday, I think, and instructions will be included on how to do that.

But be warned, there haven't been all that many vacancies appearing over the last couple of years.

Advertisement