Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pleader's log

• 21-08-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Where to start.....

Not too long ago I weighed in at a staggering 168kg. Up until my late teens I had played a lot of football and did a good bit of cycling but for one reason or another I gradually stopped both and once I did I started to pile on the weight. By the time I hit my late 20s I was at my heaviest.
    Around that time my son was born and I decided I had to something about my weight. If not for me then for my family. Through watching what I was eating and a small but regular bit of exercise I managed to drop about 30kg. That brought me to about Xmas 09. It pretty much stayed around that until last April or so.

It was about then that I got back into cycling. I started to regularly read the cycling forum and the training log forum. I found Inquitus's log and to say I was inspired to get the finger out would be an understatement. I had sold a bit of camera gear and decided to invest it in a decent road bike and it all pretty much started from there.

I've been getting out every week and am now averaging over 220km most weeks. I can't cycle to work so it's all pretty much the evenings or whatever I can fit in over the weekend.( I now have 2 kids with 3rd on the way)
    Following general advice give in the forum and also from Inquitus I have managed to drop another about another 25kg.

I can't believe how much I'm actually enjoying getting out on the bike. I recently joined a local cycling club and have taken part in some events - the Tour de Burren 100km, and the Great Spin Out West to name two.

I 've decided to start the log to keep track of how I'm progressing. I've wanted to start one for a while - I'm not sure was it out of embarrassment or what that I didn't start it until now but I'll give it a lash from here.

Thanks for reading.:)

Summary:-
    Weekly Total: 215km
    Annual Total: 2285km
    Weight: 113kg

Advertisement