Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Course Hours?

• 21-08-2011 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm doing my leaving certificate this school year (2011 - 2012) and I was thinking about applying here. I was planning to do the Software Development course (Higher) and was wondering between what hours are the classes.
    (I've no idea how the college system works in Ireland so you can give me some info on this too (how many breaks etc. etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

It really depends to be honest with you but expect at least 6 hours of classwork. 9 to 4/5 with an hour or 2 breaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hey OP,

Just to make it easier for you, I'll show you what our schedule was like for an average week so you can get a better idea. These change year from year and can change mid-year as well.

That one below is a third year time table, so you can expect a first year one to be slightly less intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭robbio87

hey,

I did my first year in Software Development last year.
    All the computer classes were mixed into 3 classes.
    We did about 22-24 hours a week.

My hours were..
    Monday 11 - 5pm
    Tuesday 10 - 5pm
    Wednesday 9 - 3pm
    Thursday 9 - 5pm
    Friday 9 - 1pm

Obviously we had a few hours free in between the time frames i gave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Thanks!

Advertisement