Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballysadare Litter

Options
  • 22-08-2011 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Was going through Ballysadare this morning about 11am and the placed was strewn with litter outside the chipper. I stand to be corrected but I thought the onus was on the fast food outlet to clean up their rubbish outside their shop. it didn't do anything for Ballysadare to be honest. Mind you the eyesore of an apartment block on the Sligo side of Ballysadare is a total mess.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I thought they were responsible to clean it,maybe not though. I know 4 lanterns clean up around the shops after a night out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I think you're right there, they are supposed to clean yp outside the shop as far as I know.
    Maybe give the litter warden a buzz about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Give the litter warden a buzz by all means however one of the problems is that the litter bins on the street go unemptied throughout the weekends.

There are at least 3 street bins located, effectively, outside the chipper in Ballisodare but they are generally full by Friday and left as such until Monday morning.

This is also the case in Strandhill, the bins left overflowing over the weekend, the villages busiest time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hubby complained about this before and was told the council are responsible for emptying the bins and for street cleaning on all the pavements except the part outside the Avena leisure centre.
    He was also told the 'man' who cleaned it was on holiday at that particular time.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fionntan g

a lot of the time crow's pick litter/bags of chips out of the bin and skatter it around that area.

• Advertisement

Also,its spelt Ballisodare.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

fionntan g wrote: »

Osi maps spelling is Ballysadare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

thats crows picking :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭WANTStoWORK

Thanks for the tip, I must remember the next time I am driving through Ballysadare. :rolleyes:

waterboy15 wrote: »
    Osi maps spelling is Ballysadare

tut tut! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

a lot of the time crow's pick litter/bags of chips out of the bin and skatter it around that area.

Is it only the chips the crows go for? I would imagine if there was a bit of an ol chop hanging out of the bin the would have a 'bit of a chew' on it first!!! :)

Is it only the chips the crows go for? I would imagine if there was a bit of an ol chop hanging out of the bin the would have a 'bit of a chew' on it first!!! :)

As far as i know Roberto's in Ballisodare dont have chops on the menu.

Crow's hate chops anyways.

As far as i know Roberto's in Ballisodare dont have chops on the menu.

Crow's hate chops anyways.

Where is Ballisodare?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

On the slightly off topic note, I know of a van in the area that has Ballisodare spelt both ways, the side has one spelling and the rear doors another!

Slidey wrote: »
    On the slightly off topic note, I know of a van in the area that has Ballisodare spelt both ways, the side has one spelling and the rear doors another!

For my lifetime i have always spelt it 'Ballysadare', then a number of years some suit in an office somwhere in europe decided, without consultation, changed the spelling of a number of towns and villages, thats where Ballisadare comes from, the proper spelling is Ballysadare.... the place is still minging!!!

For my lifetime i have always spelt it 'Ballysadare', then a number of years some suit in an office somwhere in europe decided, without consultation, changed the spelling of a number of towns and villages, thats where Ballisadare comes from, the proper spelling is Ballysadare.... the place is still minging!!!

What a load of waffle .I can imagine them all sitting around a table in Brussell discussing what village they'll change the spelling of next.

"Ballisodare" was allways the proper spelling

285166_200933196628742_190156404373088_501404_2852794_n.jpg

What a load of waffle .I can imagine them all sitting around a table in Brussell discussing what village they'll change the spelling of next.

"Ballisodare" was allways the proper spelling

285166_200933196628742_190156404373088_501404_2852794_n.jpg

I am sorry but you are wrong, Ballysadare is the correct spelling, Pulling up some 33yr old programme for some 'diddly di di weekend dosen't mean anything, Chech your OS map for Sligo. :rolleyes:
    While I am on the subject of correct spelling, you might want to check your own!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

yawn! arguing over what way its spelt. who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I am sorry but you are wrong, Ballysadare is the correct spelling, Pulling up some 33yr old programme for some 'diddly di di weekend dosen't mean anything, Chech your OS map for Sligo. :rolleyes:
    While I am on the subject of correct spelling, you might want to check your own!!

Listen Grammar Nazi, this is a Sligo forum, not an English spelling contest. The actual spelling of that word is a subject of much debate. Drive around the area and you'll even see roadsigns spelling it differently.

I suppose Google is wrong too?

http://maps.google.com/?ll=54.21105,-8.50831&spn=0.014682,0.038581&z=15&vpsrc=6

• Advertisement

Back on topic please.

Read over your comment about the suits in the "offices in Europe" changing the names on road signs in villages and had another chuckle :D 10/10

Lookit,ask any of the elderly locals ,all of them would spell it Ballisodare and allways have.Pointless argument - give over.

Back on the topic, drove through the village the past three mornings at 7am and litter from said bin had being skatterd all over the main street.Looked a state.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Pointless argument - give over.
    You shouldn't have started it so.

Enough about spelling etc. Back on topic please.

Listen Grammar Nazi, this is a Sligo forum, not an English spelling contest. The actual spelling of that word is a subject of much debate. Drive around the area and you'll even see roadsigns spelling it differently.

I suppose Google is wrong too?

http://maps.google.com/?ll=54.21105,-8.50831&spn=0.014682,0.038581&z=15&vpsrc=6

Offensive remarks like that really need to be yellow carded (Grammer Nazi).... perhaps you might check the OS maps for the correct spelling for Ballysadare which I might add is in Co. Sligo.

Read over your comment about the suits in the "offices in Europe" changing the names on road signs in villages and had another chuckle :D 10/10

Lookit,ask any of the elderly locals ,all of them would spell it Ballisodare and allways have.Pointless argument - give over.

Back on the topic, drove through the village the past three mornings at 7am and litter from said bin had being skatterd all over the main street.Looked a state.

So you admit that I am right...Finally!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Is this thread about litter or spelling?

I asked you twice to get back on topic. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement