Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is It Safe to Eat Kelkin Gluten Free Bread without baking/toasting?

Options
  • 22-08-2011 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Just went down to the shops and bought some gluten free bread just because there was nothing else left. Made cheese sambos and ate one of them. I thought the bread tasted a bit odd but assumed that maybe it just tasted different as it was gluten-free. Only then I relaized that it gives instructions on the back to cover it in foil and bake it in the oven.

It looked just like normal bread and is just sold as "gluten free sliced bread" so I didnt have a clue you have to bake it until after I read the back.

Is it safe to eat unbaked? Has anyone else done it? Feel pretty foolish now and hope I havent got bread goo stuck to my intestines :)

Ruth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It'll give a bit of a stomach ache. The same way if you eat bread that's just freshly baked and still warm

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I just read the pack of one of these whilst at the shop. The instructions are just for heating up the bread, not baking it - i.e. it's already baked. A lot of gluten free breads aren't very good texture-wise and heating only makes it more palatable. You'll note that the instructions also refer to popping a slice in the toaster to warm it up.

You have not poisoned yourself.
    Do not admit yourself to A&E.
    Do not pass Go.
    Do not collect €200 :D

Advertisement