Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Fantasy Team - Boards.ie Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Unlimited transfers may be made before the first Fantasy Round deadline. Once the tournament begins, a maximum of 4 transfers may be made between each pool round (i.e. Fantasy Rounds 1 to 5). Unlimited transfers may be made between the pool rounds and the finals rounds (i.e. between Fantasy Rounds 5 and 6). 8 transfers are permitted between each round of the finals (i.e. Fantasy Rounds 6, 7 and 8).

Each rugby player is given a value in Fantasy dollars at the start of the Promotion. Player values vary during the tournament depending on the popularity of the rugby player in the transfer market. Player values will not change until the tournament starts.

If, by transferring a player, a participant sells the player for a higher price than they paid for that player, a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up for the nearest ,000) will be applied on the profits the participant makes from the sale.

From the fox website

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Your entire squad will feature 22 players including forwards and backs. In the World Cup series, you have unlimited transfers each week which lets you sell underperforming or injured players back to the pool and replace them with fresh talent.

Well this is hideously contradictory

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Hagz wrote: »
    Aw, that makes things too easy. People are just gonna lash on players who are up against the minnows.

That actually makes it interesting because most of the good teams will rest players against the minnows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

I'm in for the Irish Times one, greendays 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'm in Irish times...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Im in The Irish Times one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Im in Irish Times, Winning 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

In the Irish Times league, Pile of Poux

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

That fox sports fantasy is a serious fantasy league - I've never seen one with so much detail before. Cannot wait to enter.

The site goes extremely slow when trying to enter a league, is this happening to anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

I'm in for this. Looks a little weird.

• Advertisement

Hay guys, this is getting messy.
    Eldwaro you started of the thead, good man, but could we do a pole at the top of the page so we can decide which one to get into or both.

1 Irish Times.
    2 Fox.
    3 Both.

If we don't It will be all over the place.
    Would someone (Mod) be able to take this on.
    Personally I like the Irish times version, I make my changes and hope for the best, usually last minute. I haven't got time for the other stuff.

Anyone else agree.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

No1J wrote: »
    Hay guys, this is getting messy.
    Eldwaro you started of the thead, good man, but could we do a pole at the top of the page so we can decide which one to get into or both.

1 Irish Times.
    2 Fox.
    3 Both.

If we don't It will be all over the place.
    Would someone (Mod) be able to take this on.
    Personally I like the Irish times version, I make my changes and hope for the best, usually last minute. I haven't got time for the other stuff.

Anyone else agree.
    Cheers.

Why can we not just keep both running? Its not confusing, people will be able to keep track i'm sure :) They are different and probably appeal to different audiences.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Why can we not just keep both running? Its not confusing, people will be able to keep track i'm sure :) They are different and probably appeal to different audiences.

"How did you do in the last match"? "I scored 48 points putting me in 41th place"

"No your wrong I'm in 41th place and it was a bonus of $854.000."

The Times one is a lot smaller, more personal, last time I finished on the leader board and had been following other players up's and downs in the general league.
    This time you can see Boardie's teams in our league and comment on boards on their success or otherwise, a bit of banter.:)

P.S. i did include the both option.

What will be the NZ backline for the first game?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Knobbly

Knobblers in

The Dazzler

When it is named a day or two beforehand you will be able to change as many as you like from your team a few hours before kick off.
    Against Tonga, they will put out a strong team first match and when the scores are on the doors take them off at 50- 60 mins.
    6. Kaino, for the physical stuff.
    7. Richie, because the Captain should lead his team into a WC, off at half time.
    8. Vito, can play at 8, try him out for the physical stuff, bring Read in at 60 mins.
    Against Japan, rest Richie, Piri Weepu takes over the arm band.

The Dazzler

When it is named a day or two beforehand you will be able to change as many as you like from your team a few hours before kick off.
    Against Tonga, they will put out a strong team first match and when the scores are on the doors take them off at 50- 60 mins.
    6. Kaino, for the physical stuff.
    7. Richie, because the Captain should lead his team into a WC, off at half time.
    8. Vito, can play at 8, try him out for the physical stuff, bring Read in at 60 mins.
    Against Japan, rest Richie, Piri Weepu takes over the arm band.

Hard to pick in fantasy terms. I have Richie, Carter and mealamu in my fantasy team.

Hard to pick in fantasy terms. I have Richie, Carter and mealamu in my fantasy team.

Ah you have been looking at my team, Have to have a peek at yours.
    Is The Dazzler down as the managers name, or what is your team called?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭footie_fanatic

in

I'd be interested in a more detailed fantasy league if anyone knows one that tracks stats other than scores assists and cards. No real point in picking a prop in this one.

Setanta have just launched one where you get points for meters gained turnovers, loss points for knock ons etc ( i copied the below from the site), seems much more geared towards the overall performance, and whoever on top of the league after the 1/4 final stage gets a trip to the Final, :eek: get in!!

http://fantasyrugby.setanta.com/

Should I start a seperate thread for this?

Position Try Scored
    Forwards +10 points
    Scrum Half +8 points
    Fly Half +6 points
    Backs +6 points

Position Drop Goals
    Forwards +10 points
    Scrum Half +6 points
    Fly Half +4 points
    Backs +6 points

Position Successful Conversion / Penalty Kick
    Forwards +5 points
    Scrum Half +2 points
    Fly Half +2 points
    Backs +3 points

Position Missed Conversion / Penalty Kick
    Forwards -5 points
    Scrum Half -2 points
    Fly Half -2 points
    Backs -3 points

Additional points for players
    Played 60 mins or more +2 points
    Played 59 mins or less +1 point
    Sent Off (Red Card) -5 points
    Sin Binned (Yellow Card) -3 points
    Tackles Made +1 point
    Tackles Missed -1 point
    Every 10 meters Gained* +1 point
    Lost Play: Turnovers Won +2 points
    Lost Play: FWD Pass/Knock On -2 points
    * Metres gained refers to the total number of metres a player carries the ball during the game.

In addition to individual points, each player who plays in a match earns/loses points based the performance of their team in that match.
    WIN +3 points
    DRAW +0 point
    LOSE -3 points

Looks interesting, think I'll give it a go.
    I think each competition deserves it's own thread.

• Advertisement

Or possibly if a mod could create a one post sticky with each of the competitions, and their codes to enter the boards.ie specific competition?

Just to stop this thread getting messy

I just set one up :)

Just PM'd you a quick question.

I'm in Setanta, do you notice any players missing, maybe I'm blind but couldn't find K Mealamu or K Beale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

in team: laugh

What about setting up a Bordies league, seeings you started it off.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I'm in for both as rough and unders :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

I'm in.

Let the games begin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

In also..............

• Advertisement

which one are you all joining the times one or the setanta one?

Advertisement