Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Fantasy Team - Boards.ie Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

OK this may be a stupid question (maybe i am not reading the rules right) but what happens if you make a change during a game week.
    To me is seems that that if you have a player who plays but only gets , say 2 points, if you transfer him out and get in someone who is yet to play, and they then play the next day and get 8 points, do you get the 8 points, or the 2 points or 10 points????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

You get the 10 points, down at the bottom of the team page you will see Transfered out players and their scores will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

just thrown my team into the boards league there.

not doing too bad, (91 points) but didnt realise i could make changes between games, thought it had to be between game rounds, doh!
    definitely missed out on some points there. will be better on top of things from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Okay, so when does this gameweek actually end? Like say if I wanted to get in on some Samoa action, can I transfer out one of my crap players now for a Samoan? Or will that Samoan player only become active once next weekend's matches start?

Okay, so when does this gameweek actually end? Like say if I wanted to get in on some Samoa action, can I transfer out one of my crap players now for a Samoan? Or will that Samoan player only become active once next weekend's matches start?
    i believe the first "gameweek" is over at midnight, and the 2nd one starts on wednesday

so if you transfer a samoan in before their match starts on wednesday, the samoan will start scoring you points in that match

im open to correction though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WaterWolf

I signed up for the Irish Independent / Loreal version of the fantasy rugby league (I switched from the Irish Times a couple of years ago as they were charging for transfers - although they seem to have stopped that now).

When I went to login today I was presented with "Unfortunately, the L’Oréal Men Expert Fantasy League has closed. The competition organised by L’Oreal and Fantasy League and promoted on the Independent.ie website had to be closed for reasons beyond the organisers’ control. You can no longer register to take part in the league. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. Please note that if you have any queries relating to the closure of the site, please contact menexpert@ie.loreal.com."

This is very disappointing, does anyone know what happened?

That's bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WaterWolf

There's an article about it here:

http://www.thejournal.ie/players-told-to-find-another-fantasy-rugby-world-cup-service-as-indo-site-vanishes-224305-Sep2011/

Still no real explanation as to what happened. Was it a legal issue or a technical issue? I thought it was the same company that ran the Irish Times version but that's still going...

WaterWolf wrote: »
    I signed up for the Irish Independent / Loreal version of the fantasy rugby league (I switched from the Irish Times a couple of years ago as they were charging for transfers - although they seem to have stopped that now).

When I went to login today I was presented with "Unfortunately, the L’Oréal Men Expert Fantasy League has closed. The competition organised by L’Oreal and Fantasy League and promoted on the Independent.ie website had to be closed for reasons beyond the organisers’ control. You can no longer register to take part in the league. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. Please note that if you have any queries relating to the closure of the site, please contact menexpert@ie.loreal.com."

It wasn't worth it.:D

beglee wrote: »
    just thrown my team into the boards league there.

not doing too bad, (91 points) but didnt realise i could make changes between games, thought it had to be between game rounds, doh!
    definitely missed out on some points there. will be better on top of things from now on

Hay beglee

Which league are you in?, don't see 91 points in the I.T or Setanta leagues.

• Advertisement

I'm in, team name hhhhmmmmm

Well done team hhhhmmmmm, you got the bronze this week, snapping at my heals.:D
    The leader is Team No Stoppin Us, Come out and take a bow, you fecked up my double.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

WaterWolf wrote: »

Would like to know what happened here - it was a great league and easy to get your own little league going at work or with pals etc. No real explanation from either side
    Anyone have a clue what happened?

another article here
    http://thescore.thejournal.ie/independent-denies-any-responsibility-for-cancellation-of-fantasy-rwc-game-224305-Sep2011

No1J wrote: »
    Hay beglee

Which league are you in?, don't see 91 points in the I.T or Setanta leagues.

added myself to the IT league, but the league admin has to accept my entry.

think there are 3 people waiting for confirmation to enter the league. you can see pending entries at the bottom of the league page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Joined league also - awaiting confirmation

Thanks

(Gutted I had set this up in the L'Oreal League last week and looked like I had 90+ points in game round 1 - now the league is no more)

3 of the 4 french players i have rested for their game against canada

ioane out to deal with

no doubt new zealand will have a fair bit of rotation for the japan game too

will i have any sort of a team left!

Ioane out, O'Connor in. NZ aren't clicking and getting a bit of stick from their press, so from what I see this team is close to their WC Final team, Andy Ellis is given a go with Piri on the bench just in case.
    I didn't expect this and Japan are in for a hiding for 40 minutes at least.
    DK to name the Ireland team in 3 hours (2.15am)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Yesss I have Tuilagi on my team this week.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Yesss I have Tuilagi on my team this week.

What was the score and what did he score just up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

No1J wrote: »
    What was the score and what did he score just up.:)

Well he got a hat-trick in Samoa's 49-12 win over Namibia and scored 58 fantasy points. He's annoying though as he likes to put the ball down at the last possible second he can and very near the deadball line.

Carter is out for NZ, Slade in.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    Well he got a hat-trick in Samoa's 49-12 win over Namibia and scored 58 fantasy points. He's annoying though as he likes to put the ball down at the last possible second he can and very near the deadball line.

Is that in the Setanta one and If so how do you calculate it?

Brought in Tuilagi in setanta and irish times game, made him captain in setanta too :D

Dan Carter out has screwed me in IT though, he's my designated kicker :mad:
    Is there any chance that if i replace him now with another kicker, that i will get their kicking points???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Brought in Tuilagi in setanta and irish times game, made him captain in setanta too :D

Is there any chance that if i replace him now with another kicker, that i will get their kicking points???

Yes as long as the game has not started.
    Edit: My bad the kicker has different rules (times to change) cannot change him now. (so also stuck with Dan)

You are stuck with him until Sunday morning 11.30, same here.:mad:
    He is your kicker.

balls! but im guessing a lot of teams will be stuck in the same position, so maybe not too much damage.

missing 3 french players though, and maybe more due to rotation in other teams. trying to decide whether to burn transfers or hold onto em for later in the tournament, hmm

Know what you mean. I took my eye off the ball (pints, the ones in glasses) and used my last two changes to pack in players for this week leaving me with 5 changes left, forgot to stick Tuilagi in, was so annoyed with my self had more pints and put him into Setanta forgetting to make him captain.:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Carter being out has effectively ended any chance I had in the fantasy rugby. Made all my changes after he was due to start but before he withdrew. Bugger.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Carter being out has effectively ended any chance I had in the fantasy rugby. Made all my changes after he was due to start but before he withdrew. Bugger.

Just had a quick look at the top 30 teams and 27 have DC as kicker, so there's a lot in the same boat.
    3 Jammy b%$£&%ds.:D

In the Setanta game, have they added the points for the Scotland game?

It doesnt seem like it to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭footie_fanatic

no it takes awhile coz you gets points for like meters run etc so seems to take awhile prob b up before 6 i rekon

Advertisement