Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Fantasy Team - Boards.ie Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

No1J wrote: »
    Just had a quick look at the top 30 teams and 27 have DC as kicker, so there's a lot in the same boat.
    3 Jammy b%$£&%ds.:D

Iv looked at alot of the teams too and the majority still have carter in.. So shouldnt make much odds . Have u many transfers used No1j?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Joined league also - awaiting confirmation

Still awaiting to be confirmed - are we too late to join?
    There are 7 pending members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Iv looked at alot of the teams too and the majority still have carter in.. So shouldnt make much odds . Have u many transfers used No1j?

4 left, Yourself?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Still awaiting to be confirmed - are we too late to join?
    There are 7 pending members

Me too:confused:

Me too:confused:

I PM'd eldwaro, he the man to let you in.:)
    If no answer soon give him a shout yourself.

P.S. Just checked his posts and the last one was over 3 days ago.
    But keep playing as you can still get the points and get in when he comes back, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

sorry about that lads!

blame UPC and their hatred of students wanting to be customers! ..

you can also blame vodafone for crap broadband...

but most importantly... THE GATES ARE OPEN!! your all accepted!

deepest apologies for the delay...

see ye all in the mornin no doubt :D

Hey lads would yous reckon bowe will be left out of the Russian game now . Wonderin if i should get rid of him or not

could see him being rested...gotta wonder just how many will be rested...drico and sexton on the bench wouldnt surprise me in the slightest...lots of players will get a chance the next day i would imagine

eldwaro wrote: »
    could see him being rested...gotta wonder just how many will be rested...drico and sexton on the bench wouldnt surprise me in the slightest...lots of players will get a chance the next day i would imagine

Who to pick as kicker this week , any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

I've gone with Japan's Arlidge, 2 games against similarish level opposition. Italy have 2 games aswell but look to be rotating their squad a bit between the two matches.

• Advertisement

I've gone with Japan's Arlidge, 2 games against similarish level opposition. Italy have 2 games aswell but look to be rotating their squad a bit between the two matches.

Good pick if he plays both matches, likes the try line as well, but will he play both?
    Para's in very good form but against NZ who knows what scraps he will be living off, DC will play injured or not.
    This game is the big banana skin for NZ, if they win well expect cricket scores in the next matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Who to pick as kicker this week , any advice?

i went for the "safe" option of Morne Steyn after he was named in the 15 for the namibia match

i just have to hope there's no repeat of Carter-gate, when he was named in the 15 for japan before the IrishTimes deadline, then pulled out with an injury after the IT deadline, leaving most of us with no kicker :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Went with Arlidge also, think he is a good bet for both games (as long as he does not get injured)

Also went for 2 Italians as they have easy enough games, Parisse and McLean, 10 and 11 points so far so anything else is now a bonus.

14 points for M Steyn today - 1 try, 7 kicks

Pity he didnt stay on longer, think they scored 3 more tries after that, that Pienaar converted.

Ditched Clerc for Habana who got a try. Here's hoping Clerc is quiet against the All Blacks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

beglee wrote: »
    14 points for M Steyn today - 1 try, 7 kicks

Pity he didnt stay on longer, think they scored 3 more tries after that, that Pienaar converted.

Ditched Clerc for Habana who got a try. Here's hoping Clerc is quiet against the All Blacks

This IT league really does seem to be ridiculous, only points for things you can see on the scoreboard.

I'm loving the FOX one, Leitch and Steyn are stars.

Aye, the scoring systems in Fox and Sportal games are far superior. Just a pity they are so slow to update because of those in depth stats.
    Still no points update on the South Africa game this morning for instance in Sportal, and Fox hasnt updated the rankings based on the new points totals. It's 12 hours after the game finished ffs

Last night transferred out Habana, brought in Adam Ashley-Cooper :D

Very nearly went for Beale instead. Dodged a bullet there

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

i just have to hope there's no repeat of Carter-gate, when he was named in the 15 for japan before the IrishTimes deadline, then pulled out with an injury after the IT deadline, leaving most of us with no kicker :mad:

I had Carter for that week too and this week I gave the kicking boots to O'Connor :mad:

Aye, the scoring systems in Fox and Sportal games are far superior. Just a pity they are so slow to update because of those in depth stats.
    Still no points update on the South Africa game this morning for instance in Sportal, and Fox hasnt updated the rankings based on the new points totals. It's 12 hours after the game finished ffs

Ah now in fairness Fox updates the fantasy while the game is going on. The delay today is uncharacteristic.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Ah now in fairness Fox updates the fantasy while the game is going on. The delay today is uncharacteristic.

Aye, my mistake, the Fox game does update pretty much straight away

• Advertisement

FFS Wales, changing 11 players for Namibia, messing up my team. Roberts and Williams not even in the 22. At least others will have their team messed up I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Wonder why the Irish Times one has not updated the scores yet, they usually update about an hour or two after the last game of the day.

What the heck?! It seems loads of teams have suddenly disappeared from the overall standings!

I was sitting 74th overall. But now im 26th, before the Wales points have even been added.

Very strange

EDIT: now 31st after wales points added

Apparently a big cheater has been exposed, and after an investigation all/most of his teams have been removed from the game! :D

Seems some chap had maybe 100 or more teams entered into the game under various aliases. The rules state you can only enter 1 team. This guy had about 50 in the top 100 of the leaderboard.

So now that they've been thrown out of the game, I've jumped right up to 31st overall :)

I have more transfers in reserve than many teams ahead of me, so it's conceivable that i might claw my way further up the leaderboard as we go through the knockouts.

This game just got a whole lot more interesting!

Hope everyone is enjoying the game...

once again apologies if anyone was waiting to get in, was at oktoberfest for a few days and internet was not a priority funnily enough...

youll be added now and are at no disadvantage

cheers!

ps - Ireland 16/1 to win the world cup with PP

Apparently a big cheater has been exposed, and after an investigation all/most of his teams have been removed from the game! :D

Seems some chap had maybe 100 or more teams entered into the game under various aliases. The rules state you can only enter 1 team. This guy had about 50 in the top 100 of the leaderboard.

So now that they've been thrown out of the game, I've jumped right up to 31st overall :)

I have more transfers in reserve than many teams ahead of me, so it's conceivable that i might claw my way further up the leaderboard as we go through the knockouts.

This game just got a whole lot more interesting!

Well done beglee, looks like a lot of head aces coming up for you.:)
    Where did you hear about "the cheater", I noticed one of the leading Boards teams has disappeared managed by Ms J.D.

Saw the news on a fantasy sports forum. A few users on there have been aware for a week or more that this had been going on and raised the issue with the IT/game organisers, a representative of which is a member of that forum.

That led to the investigation and subsequent removal of the teams.

I doubt ill get near the top 3 as its a fair gap of 60ish points, but I can dream :D

Saw the news on a fantasy sports forum. A few users on there have been aware for a week or more that this had been going on and raised the issue with the IT/game organisers, a representative of which is a member of that forum.

That led to the investigation and subsequent removal of the teams.

I doubt ill get near the top 3 as its a fair gap of 60ish points, but I can dream :D

There are only a couple of teams ahead of you that have the same amount of transfers as you have left, make the right choices, get a few AB'S in at the right time and you will be there or there about's.:)

Clambered up to 10th place overall now in the Irish Times game, but I fear that will be the highest I get.

I was banking on Ireland getting to the semis after beating Australia. Had my transfers planned out for a spine of Ire/NZ players, then a smattering of Eng/Fra/Aus/SA players to fill the team. Plan was to ditch the players from the bunch of 4 who got knocked out, and have a full team playing in the semis, final and 3rd place playoff. That plan has come acropper with Ireland losing to Wales, so Ive ended up with 6 players knocked out in my team, and only 2 transfers to rectify the situation.

Most of the teams ahead look to be better set for the final 4 matches. Would take a lot of luck to come my way to get up near the top

• Advertisement

Ireland and the Bok's let you down but your only 13 points from third spot.
    Most of the teams have feck all changes left, are you going to hang on until the final, I think the winner of NZ and AUS could bang up a lot of points in the final, you just need a flyhalf and a good back and a bit off luck.:)

Advertisement