Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you have accepted a place at DIT, now what?

Options
  • 22-08-2011 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Congratulations and welcome to DIT! In the next few days you should receive your freshers pack including lots of freebies and details on when your induction is. Untill then all you can do really is sit tight and wait! This forum is an excellent resource full of dit students so feel free to ask any questions you may have, once again congratulations and welcome aboard!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭rockycoolness22

YAY.. SO EXCITED!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Dunno if I should make a new thread for this so em...I got two letters from DIT saying I got an offer for Science, and Elec Engineering...both level 7. Science was num 1 on my CAO and Eng num 2. I only got an offer for Science....does this mean i'm screwed? I was gonna go for Eng since with Science I would have eventually branched off for Physics Technology. May as well just do Elec Eng instead right? Since they're closely related...

Did I mess up? Now I can't get into Engineering? Does each college only offer one place and that's it?

Also, either way, i'm going this year, thanks for the welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liambob1

Remember to introduce yourself in the know your DIT thread

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Dunno if I should make a new thread for this so em...I got two letters from DIT saying I got an offer for Science, and Elec Engineering...both level 7. Science was num 1 on my CAO and Eng num 2. I only got an offer for Science....does this mean i'm screwed? I was gonna go for Eng since with Science I would have eventually branched off for Physics Technology. May as well just do Elec Eng instead right? Since they're closely related...

Did I mess up? Now I can't get into Engineering? Does each college only offer one place and that's it?

Also, either way, i'm going this year, thanks for the welcome!

If you accept your second choice and the points come down for your first in round 2 you still may be offered it. But accept your second because you can never be sure! Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Havent accepted yet! but got my place.

• Advertisement

liambob1 wrote: »
    If you accept your second choice and the points come down for your first in round 2 you still may be offered it. But accept your second because you can never be sure! Good luck

Could I still get offered my second choice if I accept my first?

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Could I still get offered my second choice if I accept my first?

No, an offer eliminates everything under it

No, an offer eliminates everything under it

Well....Science it is then haha

Its a good general course, leaves the door.open.to everything,!

......Now What? first call, Accommodation! recommendations? :D

• Advertisement

If your living away from home find accomidation fast! There is advice on accom on.the student union website www.ditsu.ie

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hey guys,

Just said I'd say hi and point ye in the direction of the Definitive Guide to DIT thread at the top of the DIT forum on boards, has a lot of useful info that ye may find helpful.

Any questions that any of ye have feel free to ask, I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you, we're a friendly bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭hatethisfeeling

I accepted my offer on the cao website, do I just have to wait now to find out when induction is? Whats the kevin street campus like, is it big? I never went to the open day :/

What course did you get? Congrats :)

Kevin Street is one of the older buildings but there's a great charm to it. The craic there is mighty and it's right next to the gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ShamrockGirl

This might be something to check out too in the coming days as people start frantically looking for accommodation:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dublin-Student-Accommodation-1112/140523592706225?sk=info

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ShamrockGirl

In the next few days you should receive your freshers pack including lots of freebies and details on when your induction is. Untill then all you can do really is sit tight and wait!

It may be more than a few days just to reassure people, I remember last year people were going around frantically wondering why they didn't get a pack right away and thinking maybe that they hadn't accepted their CAO offer properly!!! Once you've got your CAO course acceptance confirmation there's nothing to worry about!!! it will arrive with time if not you can always contact the college directly to put your mind at ease. :) Best of Luck in DIT everyone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I accepted my offer on the cao website, do I just have to wait now to find out when induction is? Whats the kevin street campus like, is it big? I never went to the open day :/

I'm afraid to say it's actually a dump!

Whats ya'll take on Herberton apartments and hazelwood complex. hazelwood seems far out. Gateway is closer

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

So do we have any Newbies for DT365 - B.Sc. Business and Management?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 chris___boii

DIT I will be studying Electical services engineering.
    Ok so I only just applied for a grant a few days ago. Im more than sure its goin to take AGES to come out (I know should have applied earlier) so I was wondering whats going to happen when I have to go in to collect my student ID with no fee money :(

Ok so I only just applied for a grant a few days ago. Im more than sure its goin to take AGES to come out (I know should have applied earlier) so I was wondering whats going to happen when I have to go in to collect my student ID with no fee money :(

+1 What do we do. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Paula_K

+1 What do we do. :eek:

+2 !! I don't have any money to pay my fee's before the VEC do! :(

Paula_K wrote: »
    +2 !! I don't have any money to pay my fee's before the VEC do! :(

The college might understand though, I had a friend last year who didn't pay them for months, he was still waiting for his grant. I think it'll be like that...was in ITT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I've to pay full fees this year but when I was looking at the fees paid I noticed this page, so I think basically once you declare that you've applied for a grant you should be fine, then when you receive your approval letter you just leave it into the college.

Christian Oginni
    Anyone hear gonna be studying Electrical services engineering. I am :)
    Thumbs up for people who are gonna be on Kevin Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mooey115

Kevin street is a bit of a dive but the craic is fairly good there!!
    Just switched into Accounting and Finance....anyone else starting it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smurffy

Anyone doing economics and finance in the school of accounting and finance on aungier street.

If you have a look on the DIT registration website, you will see that all students have 3 options when registering.

1. pay 100% of fee
    2. pay 50% of fee
    3. applied for a grant - providing prof of application is produced

So yes, students who have not yet received a grant can indeed register and obtain a student card.

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    If you have a look on the DIT registration website, you will see that all students have 3 options when registering.

1. pay 100% of fee
    2. pay 50% of fee
    3. applied for a grant - providing prof of application is produced

So yes, students who have not yet received a grant can indeed register and obtain a student card.

so if i go to my vec what should i ask for specificly ?

Advertisement