Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC? CAO?

• 22-08-2011 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I got 4 distinctions and 5 merits in a FETAC level 5 course and wanted to do Transport Operations & Technology DT028.

The points for that course this year were 255.

Why didn't I get a offer for it this morning?

I don't understand

Second year running the CAO messed me up.

I even emailed the people at DIT months ago and told them and they said that if I applied through CAO I should get it with them results.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Laurie11

Ah I no how you feel .. 7 distinctions 1 merit.. course was 375 so I had ten over but didn't get it :( most courses will only keep a certain amount of places for fetac applicants usually around 5 so it just depends on how all the other fetac applicants do !

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭B2deF

Is there nothing we can do? I was well over I didn't see any reason I wouldn't get it.

Not sure tbh you could try ring the college ? Find out if you definitely entered the correct pps number too, I seen that happened to someone else before on boards where they forgot to write in their cao number... If not there's always second round offers :)!

Looked at my PPS number and it's fine so not sure whats happening. Going to ring them in a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SeeMyVest

B2deF wrote: »
    I got 4 distinctions and 5 merits in a FETAC level 5 course and wanted to do Transport Operations & Technology DT028.

The points for that course this year were 255.

Why didn't I get a offer for it this morning?

I don't understand

Second year running the CAO messed me up.

I even emailed the people at DIT months ago and told them and they said that if I applied through CAO I should get it with them results.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi OP, I looked trough the DIT requirements for your Course (FETAC) and couldnt find Your course on the list. Maybe this course wasnt available to FETAC applicants? heres the link http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/fetac/

I noticed only a few places are offered to FETAC students for the courses, perheaps other FETAC applicants who applied for you course, scored higher than you so and maybe thats why you didnt get the course.
    Did you Check your CAO offers on the 4th of August (round 0) ??
    You could have been offered a place then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SeeMyVest

SeeMyVest wrote: »
    Hi OP, I looked trough the DIT requirements for your Course (FETAC) and couldnt find Your course on the list. Maybe this course wasnt available to FETAC applicants? heres the link http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/fetac/

I noticed only a few places are offered to FETAC students for the courses, perheaps other FETAC applicants who applied for you course, scored higher than you so and maybe thats why you didnt get the course.
    Did you Check your CAO offers on the 4th of August (round 0) ??
    You could have been offered a place then.

Would de be best to call them anyway to set things straight. Good luck

Let us know how it goes for you :) ..

I wasn't offered a place in round 0 either.

The CAO emailed me back saying that DIT don't take FETAC for that course. I'm not very happy as I emailed DIT a few months ago making sure they would accept fetac for this course and they replied that they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

B2deF wrote: »
    I wasn't offered a place in round 0 either.

The CAO emailed me back saying that DIT don't take FETAC for that course. I'm not very happy as I emailed DIT a few months ago making sure they would accept fetac for this course and they replied that they would.

That's not the CAOs fault. They are not responsible for the courses you apply for. It's not on the list of courses which accept FETAC results on the DIT website either.

http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/fetac/

FETAC is not under the list of accepted entry requirements either for that particular course.

http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/programmes/transportoperationstechnologydt028/

Advertisement