Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much on average do points go down between round 1 and 2?

• 22-08-2011 6:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I realise that it fluctuates massively from course to course so, does anyone know of a list which shows both round 1 and 2 from 2010?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Don't they go up sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paul92

I missed out on my course Psychology Through Science out in Maynooth by 5 points (gutted).

Does anyone know the likelihood of it coming down in the 2nd options or should i not be hopeful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I've never seen them go up, but they aren't always offered for courses.

When I got my results, I was offered UCD science, my 4th choice, and 3 TCD sciences above it, (General being number 1), despite only being 5 off, an offer never materialised (I'm better off for it, but that's not the point!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I hope they go down by at least 20 points each..

Got above the points for my 3rd choice but got offered my 6th instead..Confused but i'm gonna wait for my next set of offers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Aragneer wrote: »
    I hope they go down by at least 20 points each..

Got above the points for my 3rd choice but got offered my 6th instead..Confused but i'm gonna wait for my next set of offers :)

Are you sure you had all the matriculation requirements for your 3rd choice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Fad wrote: »
    I've never seen them go up, but they aren't always offered for courses.

When I got my results, I was offered UCD science, my 4th choice, and 3 TCD sciences above it, (General being number 1), despite only being 5 off, an offer never materialised (I'm better off for it, but that's not the point!).

I already asked this in another thread but I need to know as soon as possible. If I except my offer for UCD now can I decline it in a weeks time? Need to know so if it's possible I can accept as soon as possible and hopefully get accomadation! My parents don't want me going unless I can get on campus.

Advertisement