Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get quick images out of CAD

Options
  • 22-08-2011 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I've been drawing up a few things that I want to insert as images in a report as opposed to plotting as a full drawing. What's the easiest way to just get an image out of CAD? I've been trying to print to pdf and then using the snapshot tool in Adobe but the quality tends to be very poor. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

For Solidworks I find the best way to insert an image into Word is to print preview the model/drawing, print screen it, insert and then crop it in Word.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭p to the e

I've been drawing up a few things that I want to insert as images in a report as opposed to plotting as a full drawing. What's the easiest way to just get an image out of CAD? I've been trying to print to pdf and then using the snapshot tool in Adobe but the quality tends to be very poor. Anyone got any ideas?

there's a JPGOUT command that lets you export the current view in your autocad window to a JPEG format. I usually use that and then insert it into a file and crop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

CatFromHue wrote: »
    For Solidworks I find the best way to insert an image into Word is to print preview the model/drawing, print screen it, insert and then crop it in Word.

That's exactly how I do it too. Solidworks' 2D image export to JPG, TIFF is surprisingly rubbish given how good the 3D stuff is - I've tried lots of settings and a screen capture is still the way to go.

Advertisement