Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest Fields Road River Valley

Options
  • 22-08-2011 8:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

As you drive up into Forest Fields road taking the left up the hill you may notice the word 'Stop' painted on the road.

Please do as it says.

There are kids playing up and down the length of the road and I'm sick of seeing people tear up around the corner without stopping.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I had to look on google maps to see where that was. I knew Forest Fields is an area on the Forest Road.
    I have lived in RiverValley all my life and didnt know that that was the name of it. For those that know / are from RiverValley its also known as Dr Morris' Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

As the sign is painted illegally and incorrect it will prob be removed.

Stop means stop! This is usually only found at junctions.

If you want to be very techanical you should have written

Slow or Caution Kids playing. Because if the muppets that speed dont heed this then i cant see stop being an issue.

But very good. Can you take a picture so we know what to look out for( The sign that is not the kids)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

As the sign is painted illegally and incorrect it will prob be removed.

Stop means stop! This is usually only found at junctions.

If you want to be very techanical you should have written

Slow or Caution Kids playing. Because if the muppets that speed dont heed this then i cant see stop being an issue.

But very good. Can you take a picture so we know what to look out for( The sign that is not the kids)
    Painted illegally? It is a junction. There's a little bit of road to the right (20 metres or so) going down to the doctor's surgery but 99% of the time people swing up to the left.
    Boards won't let me insert an image directly into this post - some people seem to be able to do it, not others..why is this? any way, I think you can see what I'm on about here:
    http://imageshare.web.id/images/mlaaepwsiu2bxqk3jju2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

while we're doing this, please be advised that I'm planning on buying a bulldozer, and if you park your car on the roundabout outside Tescos, it will be destroyed, and I might just wait till you're in it, you selfish lazy ignorant ****s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

born2bwild wrote: »
    Painted illegally? It is a junction. There's a little bit of road to the right (20 metres or so) going down to the doctor's surgery but 99% of the time people swing up to the left.
    Boards won't let me insert an image directly into this post - some people seem to be able to do it, not others..why is this? any way, I think you can see what I'm on about here:

Who painted it?

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Who painted it?

Van Gogh?

tbh wrote: »
    while we're doing this, please be advised that I'm planning on buying a bulldozer, and if you park your car on the roundabout outside Tescos, it will be destroyed, and I might just wait till you're in it, you selfish lazy ignorant ****s.

You wouldnt happen to be on about Ridgewood by any chance ? If so, I hear you barking ! I dont know what sort of thicks are driving on the roads. Parking on double yellow lines , Parking on a bend , Parking on the path , Parking in a disabled spot (When your not disabled !) :mad::mad:.. I could go on. Someone is going to be killed up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

You wouldnt happen to be on about Ridgewood by any chance ? If so, I hear you barking ! I dont know what sort of thicks are driving on the roads. Parking on double yellow lines , Parking on a bend , Parking on the path , Parking in a disabled spot (When your not disabled !) :mad::mad:.. I could go on. Someone is going to be killed up there.

the very same! what makes it worse is the fact that theres a creche on that road, with kids coming and going all the time...

I know.. and I just had a look at street view and what do I see... A blue Ford Focus parked on the bend on double yellows... :mad:

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=53.444973,-6.243839&spn=0.000026,0.04931&z=15&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=53.444963,-6.24385&panoid=rV6MlL5EmCAZ5nbc1AvsAQ&cbp=12,212.14,,0,7.6

Van Gogh?

The council I presume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Can't see your pic, the way I usually put in an image is I put it in the public folder of my dropbox, then right click on the photo >> click 'copy public link' then when writing my reply hit the insert image buton at the top and paste the link. Photo then just appears in the post (you need to use smallish photos)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

As you drive up into Forest Fields road taking the left up the hill you may notice the word 'Stop' painted on the road.

Please do as it says.

There are kids playing up and down the length of the road and I'm sick of seeing people tear up around the corner without stopping.
    :)

Who painted it ?

Zagato wrote: »
    Can't see your pic, the way I usually put in an image is I put it in the public folder of my dropbox, then right click on the photo >> click 'copy public link' then when writing my reply hit the insert image buton at the top and paste the link. Photo then just appears in the post (you need to use smallish photos)

How's this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=1827&pictureid=10440?
    sharkman wrote: »
    Who painted it ?
    Am I missing some joke here?

No ! I am just asking was it painted by the residents or the council ?

Don't know - it never occurred to me that it was painted by residents. It's at a junction.
    It looks real but how can you tell?
    Phone FCC, obviously, but, 'real' or not, it makes sense to stop there.
    Sorry, you're the second poster to ask me who painted it. I thought you were taking the proverbial.

There is no STOP sign , so I'd say it was painted by the residents .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

the name of that place is cherry avenue rivervalley. the dr. morris house is just behind the picture and it's a cul de sac. that STOP marking is illegal and should be removed as the county council did not put that there. you never had to stop turning left because of the cul de sac on the right of it. what a load of rubbish, if the people were caught marking the road like this they would be arrested. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=1827&pictureid=10440?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

zenno wrote: »
    the name of that place is cherry avenue rivervalley. the dr. morris house is just behind the picture and it's a cul de sac. that STOP marking is illegal and should be removed as the county council did not put that there. you never had to stop turning left because of the cul de sac on the right of it. what a load of rubbish, if the people were caught marking the road like this they would be arrested. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=1827&pictureid=10440?
    That road marking is pretty impressive if it was not done professionally. What evidence do you have that it was not painted by the Council?

Beasty wrote: »
    That road marking is pretty impressive if it was not done professionally. What evidence do you have that it was not painted by the Council?

I was told by the neighbours it was done by a few people living there. and it is not a pretty impressive job as it is all fading away already and looks like a botch-job to me.

I was told by the neighbours it was done by a few people living there. and it is not a pretty impressive job as it is all fading away already and looks like a botch-job to me.
    Curiouser and curiouser...
    I rang FCC to find out what the story is with it.
    Waiting for an answer.
    Still, you don't need the council to tell you that you should at least slow down on that bend.

• Advertisement

Curiouser and curiouser...
    I rang FCC to find out what the story is with it.
    Waiting for an answer.
    Still, you don't need the council to tell you that you should at least slow down on that bend.

that is not the point. if that sign was put there by residents as i was told then it is illegal, only the county council can mark the road. anyway most people slow down to turn left there anyway.

What's not the point?

What's not the point?

this ^^ is not the point. if the stop sign was painted by residents it should be removed as it is illegal. as I have said most people do slow down on that turn.

this ^^ is not the point. if the stop sign was painted by residents it should be removed as it is illegal. as I have said most people do slow down on that turn.

Ah Jaysus, there I was thinking the point was to remind people to drive safely on a road full of kids, irrespective of who paints what.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Ah Jaysus, there I was thinking the point was to remind people to drive safely on a road full of kids, irrespective of who paints what.

Thanks for setting me straight.

no don't get me wrong as it is always a good idea to slow down and watch out for kids. my point is that residents cannot legally paint stop signs on any road. sure whether there is a stop sign or not I personally will slow down or stop either way but it becomes a problem when residents take to putting painted signs down on the road themselves, this is the county councils job.

you are going to get idiots anyway flying around the corner whether a stop sign is there or not. you would think though that the council would put a stop sign-post on the verge rather than where it is at the moment. if these people are correct that residents done this then when they remove it just ask them to put a legally accepted stop sign up on the verge.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So it's hearsay. Unless someone can actually provide definitive evidence that the roadmarkings are illegal, can we now drop this aspect of the discussion.

Even if such evidence is forthcoming, its a matter to be reported to and dealt with by the Council

Thanks

Beasty

It makes no sense there either way. Maybe a SLOW marking just before the turn would be better. Even then I don't see the need.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i was under the impression this wasn't cherry avenue (lived on CA for 25 years), the road at the top of that hill (after the little wall) would be, but the other roads at the bottom, where this stop sign is, would be forest fields imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

That STOP sign looks wrong.

Shouldn't the road merely continue to the left without the "STOP" as the road to the right (the Dr Morris area) be of lesser importance?

Anyway, before the Cul De Sac at the top of that road was put in it was still too busy to justify allowing kids play ON the road.

Drivers - Kids at play. Drive accordingly.
    Parents - Keep your children off the road where cars will invariably be driving.

Simples :)

• Advertisement

Sorry to bump this but I noticed a stop sign has suddenly appeared at this corner.
    Only thing is, the stop sign is just lying on the ground with its concrete base looking like someone just hauled it out of the ground somewhere and dropped it there.
    Never heard back from the council anyway as to whether the stop sign painted on the ground was legit...
    Weird. Even for Swords.

Advertisement