Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 2 Chances

• 22-08-2011 8:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got the 230 points, 15 over what I needed for Business and Law in DBS.

I failed to meet the subject requirements :

2 H (C3s) and 4 passes in Ord

I got 2 H ( D1s) and 4 passes in Ord.

What are the chances of me getting an offer in Round 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Sorry, but Im afraid that you still need to meet matriculation requirements for round 2+ :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Sorry, but Im afraid that you still need to meet matriculation requirements for round 2+ :(

But there were people who got in with 205 points in a course last year for which they needed 260 points with the same subject requirements , which they did not meet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

As far as I know, CAO considers applicants in the following order.

1. Matriculation requirements
    2. Subject Requirements
    3. Points

x amount of offers are made in Round 1. If not all x students accept this offer (e.g. they might take a different level, e.g. Level 7, or accept a UCAS offer, or repeat, or take a year out, defer, etc.) then the remaining places are filled in Round 2 (and possibly Round 3 if it's still not full). As far as I know, you still need to meet the matric and grade requirements, but when the course is full, the points might be lower, because if they offer 7 more places in Round 2, the 7th person will have lower points than the cutoff point in Round 1, so he/she sets the points.

So there's no point of me waiting for Round 2. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Unfortuneatly, I don't think you will get offered it in Round 2, but I'm not positive, so don't completely lose hope!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Advertisement

I have also applied for a course for which I meet all the subject requirements but
    have 20 points less then the required. What are the chances of me getting into this course in Rd 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

dan786 wrote: »
    I have also applied for a course for which I meet all the subject requirements but
    have 20 points less then the required. What are the chances of me getting into this course in Rd 2.

depends if all the places are filled up.. if not it might drop

Advertisement