Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georgia Tech

• 22-08-2011 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Possible for me to do a semester of college there. Does anyone know anything about it? I'v done some reading but i'm just trying to cover all bases!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Of course its possible. There's information specifically for Georgia Tech here and for the visa you would require (F-1) here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

simonmln wrote: »
    Possible for me to do a semester of college there. Does anyone know anything about it? I'v done some reading but i'm just trying to cover all bases!

Georgia Tech is a great school for engineering/technology, and arguably in the top 10/top 15 public universities in the US. I'd imagine it would be an interesting place to spend a semester - if you get the choice try and go during college football season, they take their football pretty seriously in the south!

Workload could be pretty heavy, depending on what courses you end up taking...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

Thanks lads, its twinned with my college so its very possible to do. Would be a great experience im sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Do it!

Tech is ranked inside the top 3 for some disciplines. Great school.

Plenty of Atlanta threads on here and in USA Travel. Search for my name and you'll see where I posted previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

How much well it cost you too head too college over there

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    How much well it cost you too head too college over there

Its linked with my college, so Id hav to pay registration for my college and flights. Then accom and the usual. No extra cost for Georgia Tech though.

Its linked with my college, so Id hav to pay registration for my college and flights. Then accom and the usual. No extra cost for Georgia Tech though.

Thats very cool. do you mind me asking what college it is your in.

Also the college football season is hugh over in the states. Watched a doc on the oklahoma sooners team. Its amazing too see what they put in too play. even the fan base is big. You should go too game while your there.

Ya no bther, Im in UL. Ill definitely get to a game. My cousin is also 2 hours from there and is a huge American Football fan so im sure I could get good tickets and all that.

Ya no bther, Im in UL. Ill definitely get to a game. My cousin is also 2 hours from there and is a huge American Football fan so im sure I could get good tickets and all that.

No better man too help you with the rules of the game and i'm sure he can get good tickets.

What do you study in college. Your lucky too be heading over there too study.

No better man too help you with the rules of the game and i'm sure he can get good tickets.

What do you study in college. Your lucky too be heading over there too study.

Studying Mechanical Engineering. Its a good engineering school i think. Just gotta sort my papers now. Hopefully itll work out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement