Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fee's

Options
  • 22-08-2011 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

hi, does anyone know what date the fee's have to be paid by. And i cant find the registration letter that was sent out so can i just bring a cheque into the college for payment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Monday 12th September.

Think its all online now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

They've to be paid BY the 12th????

No way in hell I'm gonna have 2 grand by then!! I don't even know if I'm gonna be getting the grant! FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Yup, letter says "..which MUST be paid in full on or before Monday 12th September 2011"

I have only received an acknowledgment letter for my grant application, havent a clue what to do now? Do i just give that letter to the college???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I still havent heard back from the grant office
    No grant=No college for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Student09

To OP, you now pay online at www.payittdublin.ie.

To everyone else worrying about the fees being paid by September 12th. I'm currently going into 3rd year and I'm looking at all the letters they have said me since 1st year (ie When I first got accepted and my returning letters for 2nd year and the one I received at the end of July for 3rd year) and in all of them it states it must be paid by the first day!
    However, I remember applying for a grant in 1st year and in September I got a letter saying that they had gotten all my documents and after that I didn't hear back until January. And even though the letter said it had to be that certain date, it wasn't paid until the February when I got it. In the December of that year, I got a letter about the fees because I had told them I was waiting on a grant (back then you had a form on how you were paying your fees which you had to give them) and it turns out that I was supposed to show them a letter I have received back in September. So, my point is they didn't bug me for months about the fees and even one of my friends didn't pay his fees until near the end last year. In saying that, I don't know how strict they are going to be about non-grant students this year....

If you have applied for a grant for the first time, the minute you get the letter back saying they have received your documents, bring that to the college so they know you have applied for a grant. And for those who have renewed their grant, you should have got your renewal forms during the summer so come September 12th bring the letter which they sent with the renewal forms about renewing it into the college and you should be OK. After that when you receive a letter about getting your grant, show that to the people in the grants office (I forget the opening times now, I think it was 11:30 - 12:30 last year, each day) and the fees will all be sorted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

Well as far as I know, the full fee doesn't have to be paid until later on in the year but the first 650 must be paid by September. I might be wrong or it may only apply to PT but I'm sure that's how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

The ITT payment site seems to only let us pay the full €2000 in one go, but I'm sure I saw somewhere that the Department of Education is allowing students to pay in two installments. Does anyone know if we can do this in ITT?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I just went to pay my fee's but it's telling me €759 (Current Fee's 11/12), am I missing something? Is it not supposed to be €2000?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just on the fees, is it €2,000 for everyone or just 1st Years? Don't remember the fees going up from €1,500 tbh.

• Advertisement

Just on the fees, is it €2,000 for everyone or just 1st Years? Don't remember the fees going up from €1,500 tbh.
    I think it's everyone: http://www.ittdublin.ie/media/Media,22999,en.pdf

Student Charges, is that what I'm supposed to be paying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Student09

Everyone in the country. (Unless you go to a private college, think they are like €5,000 :eek:) They went from €1,500 in 10/11 to €2,000 for this year 11/12 in the budget. This was increased as well as the grants being decreased by 4%. Although there was something said about if you have more than one child in college, it's €2,000 for the oldest one and €1,500 for the rest or something like that. Not to sure how it works though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Student09 wrote: »

Everyone in the country. (Unless you go to a private college, think they are like €5,000 :eek:) They went from €1,500 in 10/11 to €2,000 for this year 11/12 in the budget. This was increased as well as the grants being decreased by 4%. Although there was something said about if you have more than one child in college, it's €2,000 for the oldest one and €1,500 for the rest or something like that. Not to sure how it works though.

Your parents have to claim the 500 back at the end of the year when the go to claim tax back.

Everybody has to pay 2,000 up front right now.

€2,000 :eek: ****E thought it was €1,500 this year again!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

€2,000 :eek: ****E thought it was €1,500 this year again!

Will be going up again too i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

If you have applied for a grant it is taken that you have "paid" your fee's unless your application is refused.

I would bring along something to say you have applied for a grant to registration.

Oh - and if you want to try and pay in installments etc. it's best to talk to registrar's etc. and see what can be sorted out. You never know what can happen until you talk to someone and ask.

Is it the student charges bit that I pay? Dont want to make a bollocks of it by paying the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

i logged into payitdublin.ie, its saying ive to pay 20 quid for replacement id card and 20 quid for replacement transcript and also 50 quid for an english access exam plus the 2k fees.

Is this correct?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

phishcakes wrote: »
    i logged into payitdublin.ie, its saying ive to pay 20 quid for replacement id card and 20 quid for replacement transcript and also 50 quid for an english access exam plus the 2k fees.

Is this correct?

Cheers!

Only if you require them - if not untick them no ?

phishcakes wrote: »

Is this correct?

Cheers!
    No. Only if you need them. I asked the Student Union yesterday and they said €1000 in the last box, the rest is in the first box.

If you're paying by credit card with a high enough limit, tick them both. If not, do it in two payments one after the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Your joking yeah? Do you not remember the huge protest in town thousands of students marching, some guys getting their heads smashed in in the finance offices after a peacefull sit in?

Your joking yeah? Do you not remember the huge protest in town thousands of students marching, some guys getting their heads smashed in in the finance offices after a peacefull sit in?

That's what it was about? And well it was hardly peaceful sit in when you have Eirigi about waving their poxy flags!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dannyirishman

That's what it was about? And well it was hardly peaceful sit in when you have Eirigi about waving their poxy flags!

You were probably listening to fm104 that night. Adrian probably put it down to Rovers and bohs hooligans which might have confused you.

Advertisement