Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

roches vuelta diary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Web page seems to have evaporated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

you really have to wonder about the ag2r team, they need there own chef i think
    Along with the HTC team, my Ag2r La Mondiale squad have been staying in the same motorway hotel-cum-garage forecourt for the past three nights and the smell of petrol everywhere is starting to get to me a bit now.

My girlfriend Chiara is still on the race but the only time I get to see her is at dinner and breakfast. While I'm racing, she is with the soigneurs, helping them at the feed zone. At the finish, she gets the guys drinks and food to pass the time. Then she has to wait for me to get showered, changed and have a massage before we go to dinner.

After the stage yesterday we had an hour and a half drive back to the hotel on really narrow, winding mountain roads and didn't get dinner until 10.30. The food has been brutal in the hotel, so last night the HTC team chef took pity on us and gave us some of their dinner. Some teams bring their own chef on every race, but we've never had one. As luck would have it, myself and Chiara had already eaten the shrivelled-up hotel pasta and missed out, but the guys said HTC's was way nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

They should but I don't think they have the budget for it. Also maybe that was a sensational move for a new job by the HTC chef. Spying an opening and diving into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Anyone read the hard copy know what the bus driver said that made Roche lose the rag? Online is a broken link once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Anyone read the hard copy know what the bus driver said that made Roche lose the rag? Online is a broken link once again.

the bus driver (over the radio) said he'd made pasta fro when they got to the bus, roche said he thought they were getting apizza as it was a rest day tomorrow, bus driver said they didnt deserve it after the stage they had. roche then lost the rag.

• Advertisement
Advertisement