Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which head locking feed barrier ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭solorpower

i put in one of those 2 years ago (made by o'donovan's) and they are a great job,
    the worst thing about them is that cattle can make a lot of noise putting in and out their heads all the time,
    i even used it to test a small few last year,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

solorpower wrote: »
    i put in one of those 2 years ago (made by o'donovan's) and they are a great job,
    the worst thing about them is that cattle can make a lot of noise putting in and out their heads all the time,
    i even used it to test a small few last year,

would you want concrete underneath the barrier or would timber do?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭solorpower

i have concreate under mine but i think timber would do the same job,

one disadvantage is that you get less head spaces per head feed, but this does not reall affect me as i have pleanty space for the number of cattle i have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Uibh Fhaile

Condon Engineering make one that doesn't make as much noise. http://www.condonengineering.ie/feeding-barriers/headlock/.

I wonder would the rubber/plastic strap last ? (its a strecthable rubber thing in the middle instead of the springs)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Looked into it last yr, but went with diagonal diy bars instead. Wait till ploughing match and have a look there, would be my 0.02e worth.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

bought two bays of these,
    http://www.jourdain.fr/media/safety_iv_form__088951300_1452_22032011.pdf

delivered last week still need to be put in, look the piece.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

dar31 wrote: »
    bought two bays of these,
    http://www.jourdain.fr/media/safety_iv_form__088951300_1452_22032011.pdf

delivered last week still need to be put in, look the piece.

Ya dar31, was interested in that one, any harm to ask you how much? I reckon they are the quietest.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

blue5000 wrote: »
    Ya dar31, was interested in that one, any harm to ask you how much? I reckon they are the quietest.

pm'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭poor farmer

I put in a couple of them (jourdain) a few years ago never got any use out them, i think there only a gimmick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭caseman

I put in a couple of them (jourdain) a few years ago never got any use out them, i think there only a gimmick
    Have to agree,sheds should be kept as simple as possible, and money spent an grass land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Wigster

Best investment I have made TBH. TB testing is now a breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

Wigster wrote: »
    Best investment I have made TBH. TB testing is now a breeze.
    do you test sucklers in them?

Advertisement