Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there post on saturday in limerick?

• 22-08-2011 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi i sent a letter on Friday with just a few photos and a letter. when should it arrive??

Is there any post in limerick on Saturday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Hi i sent a letter on Friday with just a few photos and a letter. when should it arrive??

Is there any post in limerick on Saturday?

I take it you are asking if post gets collected for the sorting office in Cork on Saturdays rather than if post gets delivered on Saturdays.

Post does get collected, Mon - Sat, in Limerick to be brought to Cork for sorting.

If you sent a letter on Friday to go somewhere else in Ireland, then in theory it should arrive at it's destination today, but unfortunately what should happen in theory does not always work out in practise:), so it may take an extra day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Kess73 wrote: »
    I take it you are asking if post gets collected for the sorting office in Cork on Saturdays rather than if post gets delivered on Saturdays.

Post does get collected, Mon - Sat, in Limerick to be brought to Cork for sorting.

If you sent a letter on Friday to go somewhere else in Ireland, then in theory it should arrive at it's destination today, but unfortunately what should happen in theory does not always work out in practise:), so it may take an extra day.

Hi kes,

What i meant was if i post a letter on Saturday would you get it in your letterbox sat or Monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Hi kes,

What i meant was if i post a letter on Saturday would you get it in your letterbox sat or Monday?

Monday at the earliest, there is no same day delivery in this country that I know of.

EDIT: unless you pay a courier that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Hi kes,

If you post a letter on a saturday there is no way it will also be delivered the same day!! There is no same day delivery here with on Post for standard letters and there is no Saturday delivery in Limerick, except for the 2 or 3 weeks before christmas!!

Hi kes,

It would arrive no earlier than Monday as there are no deliveries on Saturdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭manna452121

Even if you post a letter on Saturday it will not be collected at any post office/post box until Monday lunch time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

mana my question was this:

if i put a letter in to the post box on Friday at 2pm Collection is 2.30 here at what time and day will it arrive at the persons house that it is addressed to? ;)

Even if you post a letter on Saturday it will not be collected at any post office/post box until Monday lunch time.

Not true, there are postal collections in the city on Saturday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not true, there are postal collections in the city on Saturday.

Kess, he works for An Post. :pac:

Kess, he works for An Post. :pac:

Ask IO, He will fit in an envelope the next time I see him walking on the South Circular road.:mad:

I am also taking back your promotion to Swan-man status. Back to being little swan boy for you. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭manna452121

My advise to people is that they should read the details on the post office/post boxes before posting.

Advertisement