Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a house

Options
  • 22-08-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all

I am currently looking to buy a house in Ballincollig. There are a few houses for sale in an estate called Am Caislean. Does anybody know anything about this estate. Would like it to be quiet and safe for children?

Has anyone any other estates they would recommend??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Needahouse

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Needahouse wrote: »
    Hi all

I am currently looking to buy a house in Ballincollig. There are a few houses for sale in an estate called Am Caislean. Does anybody know anything about this estate. Would like it to be quiet and safe for children?

Has anyone any other estates they would recommend??

Thanks

An Caislean is nice but one side of it is very open to the road, have you looked at all the estates in ballincollig, Classes Lake has some very nice houses, the estate behind the shopping centre are nice too and it's very central, should get a great deal as Flynn is in NAMA, Muskerry is a nice estate but houses are 30+ years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ssbob wrote: »
    An Caislean is nice but one side of it is very open to the road, have you looked at all the estates in ballincollig, Classes Lake has some very nice houses, the estate behind the shopping centre are nice too and it's very central, should get a great deal as Flynn is in NAMA, Muskerry is a nice estate but houses are 30+ years old.

Considering the appalling quality of a lot of the construction that took place in the past ten years I wouldn't automatically take that as a negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

You could try Parknamore behind Supervalu. The whole estate is made up of three cul de sacs, very safe for kids and quite a distance from the road. Just be careful around Ballincollig, I was advised when insuring my house there recently that there are subsidence issues so get a good survey done!

Advertisement