Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain with 6 month old

Options
  • 22-08-2011 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,

We are heading to Spain soon with our little man, he will be 6 months old when we travel and i am looking for some tips and advice!

Can anyone who has flown recently confirm what the deal is with regards to bringing through formula as hand luggage? I would like to bring some of the ready made cartons but they are 200ml in size so over the 100ml limit. Is the limit different for formula or do people bring water in bottles and add the powder?

Any tips for amusing baby on plane, the flights are evening time, when babs is normally awake - is a feed at take off/landing recommended or a soother for air pressure?

At the moment our little man has a bottle and is in bed at 7.30pm, obviously on hols we won't be out partying till late but a lot of places to eat etc don't even open till 7. Would you feed baby and pop them into buggy and bring out and hope they sleep or what do people do? Has anyone found their little ones routine is wrecked when they get home?

Any other tips etc for travelling with a baby of this age would be appreciated. We are travelling Ryanair and hoping to bring food, formula, nappies etc with us as part of luggage allowance! Looks likes Mommie's wardrobe will be greatly reduced for this holiday!!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Mitten31 wrote: »
    Hi All,

We are heading to Spain soon with our little man, he will be 6 months old when we travel and i am looking for some tips and advice!

Can anyone who has flown recently confirm what the deal is with regards to bringing through formula as hand luggage? I would like to bring some of the ready made cartons but they are 200ml in size so over the 100ml limit. Is the limit different for formula or do people bring water in bottles and add the powder?

I've travelled in the past couple of months and security usually (but not always) asks you to taste the liquid).

Any tips for amusing baby on plane, the flights are evening time, when babs is normally awake - is a feed at take off/landing recommended or a soother for air pressure?

My wife fed our little one but she didn't come with us the last time and he didn't appear to have any issues. Bring some toys for the plane - whatever he normally plays with.

At the moment our little man has a bottle and is in bed at 7.30pm, obviously on hols we won't be out partying till late but a lot of places to eat etc don't even open till 7. Would you feed baby and pop them into buggy and bring out and hope they sleep or what do people do? Has anyone found their little ones routine is wrecked when they get home?

Buggy worked a treat with our first - didn't work very well at all with our second. You'll have to find out for yourself unfortunately. We did make a point of bringing something to cover over the front of the buggy which did help - obviously make sure that baby can breath and won't get too hot.

Any other tips etc for travelling with a baby of this age would be appreciated. We are travelling Ryanair and hoping to bring food, formula, nappies etc with us as part of luggage allowance! Looks likes Mommie's wardrobe will be greatly reduced for this holiday!!!

Bring a couple of nappies to get you there and then buy what you need over there. Space is limited enough on Ryanair without adding nappies. I'd advise the same for food unless there are particular food issues - they've got baby rice, fruit, etc. over there too.

Thanks!

Enjoy the holiday!

Advertisement