Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Fees

• 22-08-2011 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

I just got the offered my first choice ! and i have a question to ask now ~!
    UCD !

Do " Free Fees " pay all the 2k for registration etc ? or what does it pay for ? Im asking because i might not get the maintaince grand as social walfare ,.. Just isn't co operating ... wouldn't give my father bloody documents for the Grant..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

The free fees is for tuition, not registration or the levy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

Unless you get a maintenance grant, you will have to pay the €2000 registration fee.
    If you qualify for the grant, the awarding body pays the registration fee on your behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

everyone has to pay 2k unless you get a grant/maintenance.. free fees doesnt cover this!! i was so confused over this last year hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

Thanks all !

• Registered Users Posts: 13 koph

hi there!
    Im a student from northern ireland wondering how the whole free fees initiative works; I am registering at present on the ucd website and notice they havent deducted this off the total, can anyone explain?
    Thanking you,
    Sophie :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

koph wrote: »
    hi there!
    Im a student from northern ireland wondering how the whole free fees initiative works; I am registering at present on the ucd website and notice they havent deducted this off the total, can anyone explain?
    Thanking you,
    Sophie :)

Without sounding like a total yob or racist, I think Free Fee's only apply to Irish residents i.e. Tax / Welfare Resident etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yea I think one of the criteria to be eligible for "free fees" is that you need to have resided in the Republic of Ireland for three of the last five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Yea I think one of the criteria to be eligible for "free fees" is that you need to have resided in the Republic of Ireland for three of the last five years.

I believe the criteria for that is to be a citizen of an EU member state for the last three years, thus meaning he should be entitled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭Brainy

That is correct.

EU national* and ordinarily resident in the EU for three of the five year preceding admission.

(those with refugee status; leave to remain etc., may also be eligible).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Brainy wrote: »
    That is correct.

EU national* and ordinarily resident in the EU for three of the five year preceding admission.

(those with refugee status; leave to remain etc., may also be eligible).

Is there a language requirement? Does anyone coming from other countries need to have a certain level of English?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

spurious wrote: »
    Is there a language requirement? Does anyone coming from other countries need to have a certain level of English?

Wouldn't say so. If you think of it, it would be to their disadvantage if they didn't have a reasonable standard.

Advertisement