Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Set

• 22-08-2011 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm looking for a Writing set as a Gift for a man.
    I want paper & envelopes, i've checked Easons, and a lot of the suppliers in Dublin, i've also looked at Amazon, not much there.

Anyone any idea where I can get this???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I have no idea if they do it, but perhaps Times Past in Wicklow Street? Failing that, cross the road to Brown Thomas, I'm sure they do.

However, playing Devil's Advocate here, I'm not sure how many guys would use a writing set. Anyone I know seems to use the post for paying bills, and e-mails or texts anything personal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I think I saw some writing sets in Reads.

Or... if you still can't find one, just make one. Box, envelopes, nice paper, nice pens. Badabing. The personal touch might win mucho extra points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I still think you might be better with a really good pen, rather than an actual writing set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Yeah, you can get some really fancy fountain pens - with gold trims and such - one of which could a make good present for someone who likes to write by hand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement