Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone top up online changed

Options
  • 22-08-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

The top up online process for vodafone.ie has changed, instead of just needing credit card number etc it now wants mothers maiden name? Is this legit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭henke

Is it the vodafone site asking for your mothers maiden name or is it the bank that issues your card?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

henke wrote: »
    Is it the vodafone site asking for your mothers maiden name or is it the bank that issues your card?

it's some third party that i get directed to from the vodafone site, it looks dodgy so i've been buying credit in shops instead but doing it online is handier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭henke

Nekro Man wrote: »
    it's some third party that i get directed to from the vodafone site, it looks dodgy so i've been buying credit in shops instead but doing it online is handier

I would guess it is your bank or card issuer looking for your mother's maiden name for extra security. I know when I buy credit on vodafone it redirects to a third party site where I have to enter a password but I know this is legit since I set this up previously for my card.

henke wrote: »
    I would guess it is your bank or card issuer looking for your mother's maiden name for extra security. I know when I buy credit on vodafone it redirects to a third party site where I have to enter a password but I know this is legit since I set this up previously for my card.

once it's all above board thats cool, still not delighted with giving away that kind of info online mind :/

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Hi, dont mean to hijack, but has anyone else noticed that Vodafone now have an expiry date for the text bundles?

I think they used to have a date way in the future, but now mine is telling me they expire in Sept. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It's a third party verification site, it usually asks for your mother's maiden name and a password when setting it up.

In future it will ask you for certain characters of your initial chosen password for verification and it will only ask for the maiden name again if you need to reset the password.

Re: text bundles, yup, I believe they now expire after 60 days. Pity, it was one of the good things about Vodafone's text bundles...

Kensington wrote: »
    it will only ask for the maiden name again if you need to reset the password.

Fake name it is so :) thankies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Nekro Man wrote: »
    Fake name it is so :) thankies

Just remember what name you chose ;)

Kensington wrote: »
    Just remember what name you chose ;)

aint everyone's mother's maiden name murphy?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prech101

this is the 3dsecure programme aka Verrifed by Visa or MasterCode. Most of you guys are prob BOI custoemrs as they have just switched on this extra security, Vodafone have been using it for years as have AIB. its basically PIN verification online. Very secure system for taking payments and ensuring you are taking it from the proper card holder.

• Advertisement
Advertisement