Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2011

Options
  • 22-08-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi all

I need an honest opinion. I am registered for DCM. I have not really put in the proper training yet. I do run regular between 15 to 30 miles a week depending. I ran the Frank Duffy in 1:18. I am starting on the schedule on the DCM website today. I ran the DCM in 2008 my first marathon in 4:11. I ran Kildare half last May in 1:44. I am hoping for 3:44 in the DCM. Am I kidding myself thinking I can ramp up the training starting from today. This week I will be doing the following:

Monday 6m
    Tuesday 8m fartlek
    Wednesday 6m
    Thursday 2m warm up,
    3m hard, 2m
    warm down
    Friday rest
    Saturday 8m
    Sunday 16m

Is this the right way to go about it?? Just hoping I have not blown my chance to come in under 3:45.

Kenno

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Sungodbr

I think you could well do it, looking at those times

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ddel

McMillan gives a 1.44 half a projected Marathon of 3.38 and the 78min 10 miler equates to a 3.39 Marathon. Both runs consistently indicate you have it in you, but as older/wiser heads around her will inform you, the formulas don't always hold up when going for the Marathon, but are a good indicator.

As I've never done the distance myself I won't comment on your training plan, once again there are more qualified than myself around here to help you.

Good luck!

Advertisement