Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maynooth to stephens green - peak hour traffic?

Options
  • 22-08-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

i was asked to post in this forum...

hi
    i need to be around hatch street area around 9.15am
    how is the traffic on the M4-N4 road in the morning?
    i am driving from maynooth.
    i am expecting to drive M4-N4-Quays-stephens green
    is it a slow moving traffic?
    will i reach my destination if i leave maynooth at 8am?

any suggestions from the regular commuters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Do you need to drive? The traffic gets quite slow from Liffey valley in and really slows down at Heuston. The 7.45 66x would get you in on time, the 7.55 drops me off at the quays at 8.45 so taking the earlier one would just build you in some leeway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Or the train to Pearse. The 7:45 would get you there in plenty of time.

If you're going to Stephen's Green by car the quays would not be the recommended route. Either come off at Islandbridge and go up the canal from Inchicore or go down the M50 and through Templeogue/Terenure. Both routes will bring you by the Bleeding Horse pub which will lead naturally on to Hatch St.

Either way you'd most likely need to leave before 8am. Bear in mind time spent finding parking and getting from where you find it to your destination. I'd leave at 7:30 at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭pmq71

+1 on taking the train from Maynooth to Pearse or Tara St. The time will be about the same as driving and you will save money on fuel alone even if you are not paying for parking as well. You also get free excercise walking to/from the station and time to read the paper/listen to the radio on the train. There's an express that goes direct from maynooth at 8.10 and gets to Connolly at 8.48. I walk from Connolly to St Stephens green for about 9.10am most days so Hatch St is doable for about 9.15/20 at a pinch.

If you have to drive I would leave no later than 7.30am the first day and you might be able to leave it to 7.45 on a good day. Avoid the Quays and turn off at Island bridge as recommeded above and head for either the Canal or the South Circular Road towards Hatch St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks for the details.
    took the M50->N7 route and reached hatch street in 40minutes.

Advertisement