Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Online banking

Options
  • 22-08-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

A word of warning.....

If you cancel a Visa card be aware that Online Banking will retain the canceled visa number in the system for months after. If you inadvertently make a payment to the cancelled number, your account will be debited but the funds will disappear into the ether.

Getting them back can take time because Visa first do their investigation and then throw the ball back to you to sort the problem out at a branch level. In fairness the bank has now taken the ball and are running with it.I have an automatic direct debit to clear the card but VISA have now been paid twice, and my account debited twice.

My online banking system defaulted to the old card number which was cancelled months back, if I had checked the drop-down box I would have seen the new number.I had completely forgotten about the old card.....SO be careful using online banking, its great when it works, but still has glitches/flaws in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Call anytime banking to have them remove the payee details if you can not remove it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Call anytime banking to have them remove the payee details if you can not remove it yourself.

I spoke to them yesterday at length and they did not seem to know about the facility you mention. I am trying to get back a significant payment which I made in mid June and which is lost due to this glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

when i cancelled my UB credit card it disappeared the next day from my online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Call your branch and log a complaint. Talk to the sqa, service quality advisor. They will get this moving for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

peteb2 wrote: »
    when i cancelled my UB credit card it disappeared the next day from my online banking.

That`s astounding Peter.:eek:....looks like my card which I cancelled last April and is still showing in anytime banking today is an exception. That`s why I took screen capture photos of the screens to preclude any bankers developing selective memory.

• Advertisement
Advertisement