Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO letter help !

• 22-08-2011 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

This year I applied through fetac for several courses was hoping to get my first choice of vet nursing but was offered my second choice instead... On my cao letter it has the courses I applied for and my score underneath (either my leaving cert points or fetac points) .... Under my first choice of vet nursing it shows my l.c points, whereas under my second choice it show my fetac... does this mean I wasn't assessed for my first choice by fetac ?? Sorry not explained very well :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

Usually CAO choose whichever is higher, i assume by your post your Fetac points were the higher ones? double check that you have the mandatory distintinctions required for the vet course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Laurie11

Thanks for your reply ! Yeah I had 295 in the l.c but 385 with fetac so ten over the necessary amount... Double checked and I needed a fetac course with CASAC code which I have (vet assistant, Cavan) and needed distinctions in A and P and biology which I also have :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

:( oh!

Last year i had a lot of questions about FETAC stuff too and this poster, Further Ed.
    (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=255813#)

had pretty much every answer and solution for everybody!
    Maybe you could contact him? I'm sure he'd be able to tell you at least maybe why you haven't gotten the offer or what to do about it!

Really hope it works out for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Laurie11

Sound thanks for your help..will do that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It could also be that there were only a certain number of places reserved for FETAC students on your first choice course and that other people had a higher FETAC score than you did. - 8 Distinctions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement