Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gear4 Docking station broken

• 22-08-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a Gear4 Docking station, with a radio which has been working fine and i was very happy with it. However, over the weekend, the part that the ipod clicks into broke in that it came away from the machine and is only hanging on by a thread ... can this be repaired or do I have to fork out for a new one ...

Also, Is this a common issue ?? This is the first time I've had a docking station for an ipod - the previous MP3 was a creative Zen and that connected via the earphone jack.

Thanks in advance ...
    A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Any possibility of a pic?

I presume the plastic the dock plug is attached to has broken but the wires to the plug are still attached to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

No the connection came away completly .... Pic attached ...

Is it beyond repair ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That doesn't look too good, I'm afraid.

The connector has obviously become detached from the circuit-board. if it was originally soldered on, it likely did some damage to circuit traces coming off which would make it really hard to repair.

Because of the angle of the photo, I can't see where on the circuit board the multitude of fine connections in a row on the bottom of the connector go. It might just be that there is a tricky socket for them - which would likely make it fixable - but that is a long shot.

I don't suppose you are near Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LacticAthlete

Any chance you got this fixed? have same issue? any idea where to fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

No I didn't actually ... I was in Dublin so the Limerick option above wasn't a goer for me ....

I ended up getting a new one !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement