Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access issue: Query a Crosstab Query [Date]

Options
  • 22-08-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im currently encountering an issue with access and was wondering if anyone had any ideas
    My Database is built on linked tables to an excel file which changes weekly. The excel file contains details of customer orders.
    Im trying to build a report to detail what supplies i need to meet demand etc.
    The reports required output is (Order_Ingredient, Supplier, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Total)
    Order_Ingredient can contain different fields from the main orders table(i.e Drink, Snack etc)
    The Orders table i am running querys off has the structure (OrderID, Date, Order_Name, Drink, Snack,).
    I know i can run crosstab query's on the orders table to get the quantity for days of the week for each order_ingredient.
    These come out with the structure (Order_Ingredient, 12/05, 13/05, 14/05, 16/05/ 17/05). I then run querys to add these details to a table which i run the report off.
    The issue i am having is when the excel file in the back end changes (i.e. to next weeks), the date names obviously change in the crosstab queries,
    which makes the queries on the crosstab queries obsolete.
    If anyone has any recommentdations the would be great.

Advertisement