Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will getting a recheck effect college placements?

• 22-08-2011 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm five points off my first option and I think a few of my papers could possibly go up a grade if I got them rechecked, but is there any point? If my points did go up by say 5 or 10 would I get a place in my course?

I'm confused! And had a bad guidance counsellor so we were never told any of this!

Because if the recheck results come out in October, won't that be too late and wont the places in the courses be already full?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

If you go up enough points to get the required amount for your course, you WILL be offered a place in the 3rd round.

Depending on the course/college, you may be offered a place to start immediately or you may be offered a place to start in the next academic year.

Some colleges only start in late September/October so you wouldn't have missed much. Others start earlier so you can always choose to defer if you feel you may have missed too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

A girl who was in my course last year attended classes for like 3 weeks then she got her rechecked back and was accepted into another course.

Dunno if that helps you

Advertisement