Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go To Skill Moves

Options
  • 22-08-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Rarely see it when I'm playing, but from watching FIFA videos, there are a lot of people who seem to clutch LT (L2) and swing the Right analogue stick. Any of you have go-to skill moves, and how do you do them?

I know a couple, but rarely break them out in game...Can't get them effectively enough - mainly because I think about it, and in that split second the ball is stolen away.

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Very rarely use them, simply because I never bother to learn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

All I have are 'go-to' moves. I would say if you asked I could do almost any move in the game, yet I only use maybe 6.

The most effective ones I like to use are:

-The 'Ronaldo Chop', which Gabby Agbonlahor used on Salgado for his goal at the weekend, Hold LT and flick the stick either diagonally up twice or diagonally down twice behind the player. Not many players can do it though.

-The Stop and Go, the one Berbatov did against West Ham to set up a goal for Ronaldo a few years back. It looks great and is effective. Hold LT and flick forwards and up. Again, limited players can do it. I think if someone has 5* skill moves they do the 'McGeady roulette' which is quicker.

-The stepover drag. The player does a really quick and pretty meaningless half stepover but the drag of the ball that follows will take you past the player if the timing is right. Loads of players can do it. I think its Hold LT and a quater rotation of the right stick, im not sure, I just natually do it.

Other effective little things are letting the ball run through your legs by holding LB as it comes to you, online people rarely expect it. The heel to heel flick can gather momentum, hold LT and flick rs forward and back.

The only useful tricks are the ones which result in a change of direction really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Keepie-uppies then flick it over your head as someone comes up behind, a stepover, a spin move and a dummy would be mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The only useful tricks are the ones which result in a change of direction really.

So very true!

The "McGeady flick", is an extremely effective move and your player only needs 4-star skill moves. As most of the league players will no doubt confirm, its definitely my go to move and it is great for getting out of tricky situations.

While i'm not sure if you'd class the "fake shot" as a skill move, it is by far the most effective and overpowered move in the game. Even if the defender backs off and knows it's coming half the time they are dragged way out of position anyway. It can also be done by any player which is just silly since it's so effective ie: Jamie Carragher :D.

Some of the best fifa players don't bother with any skill moves and just use the "fake shot", its that effective.

Hopefully in the next fifa they will change it so that some of the smaller skill moves are worth doing and there is not just one or two moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

McGeady spin is my favourite skill move, works really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

I use skill moves alot, especially on the wings. I tend to use the 360 roulette, drag left/right, heel-to-heel and the mcgeady flick the most. Its all about timing but once you get used to it you can really leave a defender flat footed.

Other moves I use, but not as much as the above are the ronaldo chop, fake shot or fake/stepover one way & go the other for a burst of pace

To be honest, once I finally score a volley from the keepy-uppy-shoulder-roll in a proper match, I'll feel I have won FIFA and can grow old happy, knowing I can tell my grandkids my stories

Advertisement