Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rear Brakes Catching when at Speed

• 22-08-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a problem with my MTB rear disk brakes I think.

When decending once I get up to any sort of decent speed it sounds like something is rubbing near the rear wheel.

I think it is probably the rear brakes because they get quite hot and there is nothing else that seems to come in contact with the rear wheel.

I have adjusted the brakes a good few times and the pads come nowhere near the rotor.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Does the wheel sit right?
    The tyre on my old MTB use to rub the seat stay like mad until I sorted it.

My wheel had a slight buckle and just needed to be trued.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 quinnc22

Yeh wheel is true and doesn't come close enough to any part of the frame to rub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Sometimes a wheel can be true but there could be some play at the hub causing it to rub when pressure is put on. Grab the wheel at the rim and try to move it laterally. If there's significant movement, you might have hub problems. No point in going into what they might be at this stage but check it in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

^^^^ What he said. Or freehub problems. And this sort of problem may only show up when free-wheeling at speed (ie. descending).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 quinnc22

Thanks for the replies, I'll take a look at it tonight after work

• Advertisement
Advertisement