Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargaining with Meteor?

Options
  • 22-08-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

So my partner has been on a rolling bill pay contract with Meteor for some time now, and last week received a call from a sales rep asking her if she'd be interested in signing a 12 month contract. In return, they said they would reduce her monthly bill by 10euro and that she'd be in line for a phone upgrade at the end of the contract. She said she would consider it and was told they'd send her out the details to sign up.

Here's the thing - she could really use a new phone right now, not in 12 months time, as her old iPhone is pretty much knackered. So I was thinking we could ring them up again and say she'd be interested in signing the 12 month contact - but only if she can avail of a subsidised phone now. If not, we figured, we'd just tell them she'd switch to a competitor immediately since she's not bound into a contract at this point anyway.

So what i'm wondering is - has anyone else had any experience dealing with Meteor in this way or managing to bargain with them, or is this completely out of the question and would she be better off heading straight over to another provider instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 metalmessiah88

Hi choronzonix
    yeh when you sign for 12 months with meteor you are able to get a phone with that its essentaily an upgrade from your current package to a new one like an upgrade at the end of a 12 month contract .... so a phone would be included

hope this helps .

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

That's what I thought, although it's strange that the rep didn't mention that to make the offer more attractive. I'll report back once we've made the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 metalmessiah88

tell them a rep instore told you that you could take a phone aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Moscow08

how did u get on i had the same phone call said id call back

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I had extensive dealings with Meteor about 2 months ago . Trying to deal with them over the phone is crazy, they will be as akward as possible, and no matter what they tell you, until you see it in writing i wouldnt believe them . Having said that, after 2 weeks and numerous calls, i began a series of emails with them, and that did produce some results . I think its just that , like all these call centres, they will tell you almost anything to shut you up and get rid of you, and then when you have to call again, you have to start from scratch . So, get it in writing or its not worth a **** . Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement