Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deli/Eatery Planning

Options
  • 22-08-2011 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I am starting up a Deli/Eatery/Retail shop in north west dublin and have been advised that i need to apply for permission for change of use, the whole process takes 12 weeks, and I do not want to wait that long. Does anyone know if I can start up the business and apply for the planning permission when trading? And any changes I need to make to the property I can make whilst in the process?

Thanks for your help in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

flin1984 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can start up the business and apply for the planning permission when trading? And any changes I need to make to the property I can make whilst in the process?

Do you not think it would be risky starting before finding out what needs changing? What if you need to pump a lot of money in that you don't have and they subsequently close you down?

I'd talk to whoever you've been dealing with in the planning department of your local authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

If you do not have the right license the health officer will not approve you and will close you down. Plus you are investing money into something very uncertain. Depending on what you are planning you might not get change of use.
    Oliver

Advertisement