Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan Question and Advice ?

Options
  • 22-08-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi guys i asked in an earlier post about replacing the fans on my xbox 360 elite due to possible impending failure, what size are the fans in an xbox 360, like are they 70mm or 80mm or what size, also is it possible to place pc fans in the fan holder to replace the existing ones, like 2 of these - http://www.quietpc.com/ie-en-eur/products/80mmfans/nf-r8
    they seem to be very quiet and move a lot of air as well.

mant thanks for all replies in advance,

apophis :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Thanks for the reply chin_grin, but i was asking about replacing the xbox 360 fans with small pc fans if they would fit, on average they seem quieter and move as much air.
    thanks again,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

apophis wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply chin_grin, but i was asking about replacing the xbox 360 fans with small pc fans if they would fit, on average they seem quieter and move as much air.
    thanks again,

Highly doubt it if on the second page of the guide they mention this:
    The green Whisper Fan, customized to the Xbox 360′s fan mount, is pricier at $24.95. Shipping is extra.

Thanks chin_grin, however it only mentions talismoon fans, if the size suited i wonder if pc fans could be modded to use in the xbox fan mount.

where i am stuck is i cannot find anywhere the fan dimensions in size terms, like what height and length and width the existing fan is.
    would you happen to know the info i need on their size ?

again thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Talismoon fans are a gimmick they don't prevent RRoD anymore than stock fans, to save yourself the bother of having to modify the casing why not just replace your fans with stock fans? The blades on the stock fans are curved in a way that it only sucks out hot air instead of flushing in cool air which I think is more effective.

• Advertisement

Hi justryan, thanks for the reply, as far as the xbox fan specs go are the dba and cfm measurements a result of both fans combined or are they individual to each fan. The reason i ask is if i somehow can mod pc fans to fit in ( probably wont even try just thinking out loud) i wanted to know do i double the same specs for the 2 pc fans if i was fitting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

justryan wrote: »
    Talismoon fans are a gimmick they don't prevent RRoD anymore than stock fans, to save yourself the bother of having to modify the casing why not just replace your fans with stock fans? The blades on the stock fans are curved in a way that it only sucks out hot air instead of flushing in cool air which I think is more effective.

+1 on this
    Talismoon fans are a gimmick
    There actually louder than stock even though they claim to be quiter
    And they dont add anything to the cooling.
    But the glow from the back of my xbox looks daycent in the dark :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

apophis wrote: »
    Hi justryan, thanks for the reply, as far as the xbox fan specs go are the dba and cfm measurements a result of both fans combined or are they individual to each fan. The reason i ask is if i somehow can mod pc fans to fit in ( probably wont even try just thinking out loud) i wanted to know do i double the same specs for the 2 pc fans if i was fitting them.

People did this before the talismoon fans came out
    they used 60mm led fans
    but none of them were as good as stock and it just speeded up the process that causes rrod

Advertisement