Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Graduate Current Accounts

Options
  • 22-08-2011 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Does anyone know if these are exempt from the new BOI Current account fees that BOI brought in back in February?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Maps2011 wrote: »

Does anyone know if these are exempt from the new BOI Current account fees that BOI brought in back in February?

Yes.

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/current-accounts/graduate-banking/

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Maps2011

Thanks pal.
    Do BOI automatically put students on the graduate account after graduation__ and can you go back_

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

No worries.

Not that I'm aware of.

They manually update the status from student / graduate / personal.

If you're in full time education tell them you want student, or graduate if you're working and not studying.

I think graduate accounts expire after 12/18 months. When it reverts to a personal current account.

This will attract fees, unless you jump through the hoops to get free banking.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Maps2011 wrote: »
    Thanks pal.
    Do BOI automatically put students on the graduate account after graduation__ and can you go back_

Usually what happens is they'll eventually write to you and ask you to contact your branch to advise whether or not you're still in college. If you opened the account as a student account, you'd have filled in the course duration on the form, so they'll know when you're due to graduate and will probably write to you within about 6 months of that. If you're still in college, just call into your local branch with your student ID and you'll be sorted.

Usually the letter will say something like 'if we have not heard from you by X date, we will upgrade your account to a Graduate account.' so if they don't hear from you, they'll upgrade your account, but if you're still in college you just need to give them proof (student ID, registration letter etc) and they'll put you back to student status.

The graduate package lasts for 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I think it's a bit hit and miss - I graduated 3 years ago and still have a student account. They've never asked me anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think if they don't have your expected graduation date in the system you can get away with having a student account for years. I still had one when I was working in the bank for 2 years and nothing was said to me, wages were paid in the account and everything. It was purely laziness on my part that I didn't open another one sooner, I was dreading the hassle of switching my DDs and standing orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Maps2011

Thanks for the info

Advertisement