Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCI 2011/12

• 22-08-2011 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My first Year at NCI :D lets get to know each other

Name:
    Course and year:
    Campus:
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join:
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style)
    Any other info you like to give us:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

you first! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Name: Artur
    Course and year: NC003 (2011, just starting my first year)
    Campus: Not quite sure how to check it yet. Any help?
    Any clubs and socs you intend to join: I like computers, games, 3D modelling. photo, motor racing. Will see what exists.
    How people will recognize you (any distinguishing features or style): not sure.
    Any other info you like to give us: Can't wait to start this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

Just to let you know, NCI doesn't have a campus as such like DCU or UCD. Its in the IFSC so as you would imagine there would be no space for a campus. Its is a small college.

@arleitiss: There is a computer games and karting society, so you should sign up for them. I don't think there is a 3D modelly or photography society but you could always start one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm going there myself to do NC003 come Sept. Looking foward to it. As for all the things to do and join, I guess I'll wait and see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Haunted Negativity

BSc Computing (NC003) in September myself. Looking forward to it, hopefully all goes well!.

• Advertisement

BSc Computing (NC003) in September myself. Looking forward to it, hopefully all goes well!.

That's an awfully posative comment for someone with your forum name! :p

MagicIRL wrote: »
    That's an awfully posative comment for someone with your forum name! :p

Yeah, I always expect the worse in these times. but except in this case, getting to do a degree course in an AMAZING career field!.

Looks like we're all in the same boat so!

Adam, Computing to man?

yes indeed!

• Advertisement

cool, well I see ya's in Sept!.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

I applied for HCCA(Higher cert in computer application) im going there this year wohoooooooo lol..Are the classes mixed wit bsc of computing, cause i c all subjects are the same for the first and second year.,?

yes, as far as i'm aware the classes are mixed, as you can continue from HCCA into third year of BSHC.

THANKS FOR THE INFO...how may classes for first year you fuys think will be there ? cause would like to be with my friend in the same class.

i've no idea to be honest, but i'm sure more will be revealed on orientation day!

I am starting NC003 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Davabo

NC003 aswell! Damn were all legends

YEAH THANKS,SO SEE you guys there. all the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

First year is great. Loads of activities and events to do. Just make sure you make friends quick, so you know a few for freshers week. Which is the week after you's will start.

You'll love the timetable. First semesters was good, then semester two was great. We all got Wednesday's off. It's a great college overall.

All us creepy boardsies joining NC003 better be friends... or you're going on my ignore list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pidgeton

Another one for NC003 over here haha.

Why do I get the feeling it's going to be a major sausagefest.

well i was at mature student induction day a couple of weeks ago and it was probably 60/40 males to females, but you should consider the fact that boards population is mostly male, so you're less likely to hear from the females on the forum....it probably will be though! :P

Last one in has to wear the dress...

Luckily I am starting this course with my friend. Other than that: We should all wear name tags with our boards nicknames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

DubDJ wrote: »
    You'll love the timetable. First semesters was good, then semester two was great. We all got Wednesday's off. It's a great college overall.

Feck sake, semester 2 in Second Year was the first time our course had a day off. BAHBMD ftw :rolleyes:

registration tomorrow :eek::D:cool:

Yeah. Is it just come and collect ID? or what? Also do you need passport to prove your identity?
    Also: Any idea how many places approx is there in NC003? Or how many people at least?

arleitiss wrote: »
    Yeah. Is it just come and collect ID? or what? Also do you need passport to prove your identity?
    Also: Any idea how many places approx is there in NC003? Or how many people at least?
    did you not have to send a photo with your acceptance form bro?

Adam wrote: »
    did you not have to send a photo with your acceptance form bro?

No? I registered online?

• Advertisement

No? I registered online?
    well i applied as a mature student and when i was offered the place i was sent a form that i had to fill out and return along with a passport sized photo! maybe bring one with you if you have time?

well i applied as a mature student and when i was offered the place i was sent a form that i had to fill out and return along with a passport sized photo! maybe bring one with you if you have time?

I assume it will be taken there on cam and printed onto card. I did my registration online no forms were required.

Well that was fun day I think. Even though I hardly found registration with my friend still though found it :D

Well that was fun day I think. Even though I hardly found registration with my friend still though found it :D

Yeah big enough class by the looks of it, sure come orientation we'll get to know each other better.

Yeah big enough class by the looks of it, sure come orientation we'll get to know each other better.
    Yeah, my friend is wondering is there gonna be other girls beside her in course :D Today while sitting in queue she saw only guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah, my friend is wondering is there gonna be other girls beside her in course :D Today while sitting in queue she saw only guys.
    My girlfriend will be joining the Computing course NC003 :) It's good to know that there are other girls :D

• Advertisement

Hopefully it's not an all out sausage fest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Donalctn

Was in Colaiste Dhulaigh for computer science last year man and it was exactly that so dont be putting them hopes up higher than they have to be haha.

Donalctn wrote: »
    Was in Colaiste Dhulaigh for computer science last year man and it was exactly that so dont be putting them hopes up higher than they have to be haha.

Was in Crumlin myself last year, only touched on Java. You do Visual Basic in Colaiste Dhulaigh.

Let me guess, the girl with the blonde hair looking rather nervous? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

Computer classes usually are sausage fests. HRM is were it is at at least 70 to 30 per cent ratio of women to men

• Advertisement

Let me guess, the girl with the blonde hair looking rather nervous? :P

Yeah she was nervous today. First we hardly found registration, then had no idea what they are gonna ask. We both are non-native English speakers. So during some important cases or things to do we are quite often nervous worrying that people can ask something that we wont understand.

Yeah she was nervous today. First we hardly found registration, then had no idea what they are gonna ask. We both are non-native English speakers. So during some important cases or things to do we are quite often nervous worrying that people can ask something that we wont understand.
    well i hope you got on ok, we'll see you Thursday, hopefully they're done asking us all questions! :)

well i hope you got on ok, we'll see you Thursday, hopefully they're done asking us all questions! :)

I wonder what do we do on that day? Just they show around or what?

I wonder what do we do on that day? Just they show around or what?

It's on the pdf file http://www.ncirl.ie/Events/Orientation_Schedule_2011_for_full-time_students_

Looks ok

I seen one female in the line although she had redhair.

a-challenger-appears

i couldn't tell if she was staff or a student?

Well damn this was pretty great day, didn't expect it to be that good to be honest. Quite fun. I was in B2 group. Anyone else?

1 B myself, I think. Stephen B, so maybe it was sorted some alphabetical way?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    1 B myself, I think. Stephen B, so maybe it was sorted some alphabetical way?

Don't think it was alphabetical.
    I am Artur L. Yet I was in group with totally different surnames and names. I think it was random or so.

It was indeed alphabetical, I was 2A. Good day, roll on Monday morning Programming! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement