Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To repeat or not

• 22-08-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

:confused:Help dont know what to do
    Got offered course in Limrick institute of technology - its higher certificate in science in environmental and analytical science level 6.

what is this course like, should i do it or should i repeat. I had intended repeating but now not sure

any advise please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

Just wanted to say I knew alot of people this year who were repeats and so far from I what I heard most people got the same results or some even worse. So just saying that repeat is not guaranteed you could do better as sometimes things just don't go your way :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Anecdotal evidence would seem to indicate that it's a better idea to do a level 6 or 7 course, and move on in steps to Level 8. If you decide after you've finished your level 6 that you don't want to continue studying in that area, you've at least got a piece of paper saying that you attained Certificate level. If you decide to continue, then you've got a relevant foundation (maybe more useful than studying new texts for the 2012 Leaving Cert?).

A relative of mine (ahem!) did 2 years on a Uni course, and decided she couldn't continue because she and the course didn't suit. She has nothing to show for those two years - apart from the life experience, and friendships made, which are good things, but they may not help to secure employment in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

get in touch with a guidance counsellor

repeating can be the best thing for some, but others prefer to move up the ladder rather than stall for a year at LC level. Talk to a professional and to old teachers and friends :)

Advertisement